Discussion topic: WANT TO ORDER THE NEW SKY Q HDR COMPATIBLE BOX

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Rob+Jarvis
Topic Author
This message was authored by Rob+Jarvis This message was authored by: Rob+Jarvis

Re: WANT TO ORDER THE NEW SKY Q HDR COMPATIBLE BOX

Sky engineer came to check my satelite reception , he was also he meany to change my sky q box to the new sky q HDR , when i checked , he just swawpped like for like and not HDR compatable, really incompetant engineer and sky customer service who dont seem to have a clue whats going on.. very disapointed, considering i've bneen a customer for over 15 years and my package is well over £100 per month .. discusting.  PLEASE SEND ME MY SKY Q HDR BOX... GRRRRRR

SkyQ 2TB UHD -HDR
SKY mini box
Philips Hue sync box
This message was authored by craign75 This message was authored by: craign75

Same happened to me today also,set up new hdr box only to find out it was same box i sent back.Spent an hour and a half on phone being past from pillar to post,each different agent telling me it was a hdr box,one even suggested i could change the hardware version.Have been told it's been left with another department i should hear something in 72 hours not holding my breath though.

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Rob+Jarvis wrote:

Sky engineer came to check my satelite reception , he was also he meany to change my sky q box to the new sky q HDR , when i checked , he just swawpped like for like and not HDR compatable, really incompetant engineer and sky customer service who dont seem to have a clue whats going on.. very disapointed, considering i've bneen a customer for over 15 years and my package is well over £100 per month .. discusting.  PLEASE SEND ME MY SKY Q HDR BOX... GRRRRRR

@Rob+Jarvis when you say he was also meant to change the box to a HDR box did you pay the £50 upgrade fee for the HDR box

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by MartinWood This message was authored by: MartinWood

This is fun.

Ordered the £50 HDR upgrade to my Sky Q 2TB UHD box on Sunday (and renewed for 18 months at the same time...).

New box arrived Tuesday - but was broken (and had to be 'clamped' together as it was coming apart) and never came out of standby.

Replacement arrived Wednesday - but was a V1 36B02 box (non-HDR).

Sky got back to me on Thursday and promised a HDR box would come on Friday (today) and wouldn't be delivered by DPD as they still had stock of non-HDR models.

Guess what? It was delivered by DPD and was still a V1 box (36B04 - still non-HDR).

Rang Sky just now and they apologised and said they shouldn't have taken my £50 as they won't have any HDR boxes for 18 months due to the 'chip shortage'.

So frustrated at time on phone / off work I've had to endure for this.

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

@MartinWood wrote:

This is fun.

Ordered the £50 HDR upgrade to my Sky Q 2TB UHD box on Sunday (and renewed for 18 months at the same time...).

New box arrived Tuesday - but was broken (and had to be 'clamped' together as it was coming apart) and never came out of standby.

Replacement arrived Wednesday - but was a V1 36B02 box (non-HDR).

Sky got back to me on Thursday and promised a HDR box would come on Friday (today) and wouldn't be delivered by DPD as they still had stock of non-HDR models.

Guess what? It was delivered by DPD and was still a V1 box (36B04 - still non-HDR).

Rang Sky just now and they apologised and said they shouldn't have taken my £50 as they won't have any HDR boxes for 18 months due to the 'chip shortage'.

So frustrated at time on phone / off work I've had to endure for this.

Words fail me. Incompetent doesn't even come close. They should be refunding your £50 and giving you some bill credit for that fiasco. 

This message was authored by Stephen+Horne This message was authored by: Stephen+Horne

When I called on Wednesday the person dealing with my query searched his computer and said that they had some hdr boxes in stock and I would get one no problem.  Next day DPD arrived with a version one box 😞

Calling them just now, but wait times are long because staff are getting training all through the day according to the automated message on the phone.

This message was authored by Hanzee This message was authored by: Hanzee

Same happened to me, ordered an HDR 2TB Sky Q over the phone yesterday and they delivered a 32B057 which is what I already had. So I've spent £50 and ended up with the same hardware version, not the best customer sertvice and it remains unresolved after a lengthy phone call today. Awaiting a responce early next week from them.

This message was authored by Stephen+Horne This message was authored by: Stephen+Horne

I called this afternoon, they have no 2tb hdr boxes in stock, just the 1tb hdr boxes.  I asked if he could just send me a 1tb hdr box to swap with the wrong 2tb box they sent yesterday.  This was not a problem.  Got my £50 refunded too 🙂

For him to make the order I had to make a £25 payment for the system to process it.  This will be refunded too.

This message was authored by mike251083 This message was authored by: mike251083

So, no HDR boxes for 18 months!!!

Does that mean that all new sky customers are getting installed with out of date old boxes???

Or, are the newest up to date boxes being saved for new customers, who, due to the new customer offers, actually pay less than the rest of us loyal customers who have been with sky for years!

I've been a sky customer for over 10 years, I pay £150 a month for Sky Q, Fibre Broadband (which is poor) and Sky talk.

I've had the same Q box for over 5 years.

I just want the latest technology which I'm already paying for. I want a new sky Q box!!!

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@mike251083 wrote:

I've been a sky customer for over 10 years, I pay £150 a month for Sky Q, Fibre Broadband (which is poor) and Sky talk.

@mike251083 Going off theme slightly but £150 a month seems very very high.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

@mike251083 wrote:

Does that mean that all new sky customers are getting installed with out of date old boxes???

Or, are the newest up to date boxes being saved for new customers, who, due to the new customer offers, actually pay less than the rest of us loyal customers who have been with sky for years!

I just want the latest technology which I'm already paying for. I want a new sky Q box!!!

I don't think Sky have their hardware distribution under control at all. There are so many box variants now (V1, V2, V3, 1Tb, 2Tb, HDR, non-HDR) and I don't believe they are logged correctly on Sky's system. 

I honestly think it's pot luck what new customers receive and is entirely dependent on whatever boxes Sky installers get access to in different parts of the country. The pandemic has disrupted the supply chain massively and HDR boxes are definitely in short supply but Sky seem to see HDR as a bit of a free bonus feature anyway, which you get if you're lucky, and not something they hang their whole service on.

I'd say you can have my 2Tb HDR V3 box as it gets so little use now, but I don't think Sky would like individuals box swapping... 😁

All you can really do is keep hassling them and hope you get lucky. Oh and while you're at it, you MUST renegotiate your contract. £150 per month is robbery.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@mike251083 wrote:

I think the major problem is with 2TB HDR boxes which have been out of stock for a few months but they did get a recent delivery of some - which now maybe all allocated & what seems to be causing  problems for some who have paid the upgrade fee not getting what they have paid  to get. 

Those paying the £50 upgrade are doing so for 2TB HDR boxes (it was £25 for 1TB HDR)  self install

The default issue for new customers has been 1TB boxes for a long while

I doubt if anyone can realistically quote when they will get new stock in - although we do know there has been  a world wide shortage of some chips causing delays of all sorts of equipment

This message was authored by mike251083 This message was authored by: mike251083

@fizzdisco @Rob+Jarvis 

Like i said they dont look after older loyal customers.

Screenshot_20210801-160226_My Sky.jpg

@mike251083 wrote:

@fizzdisco @Rob+Jarvis 

Like i said they dont look after older loyal customers.

Screenshot_20210801-160226_My Sky.jpg

😮

They only "look after" loyal customers if you contact them and tell them you want a better deal, otherwise they're very happy to switch you onto an inflated subscription rate once your contract expires and take your money. 

I've been with Sky for nearly 20 years and always renegotiate at the end of every contract. You need to decide how much you think their service is worth to you. Tell them how much that is. If it's £150pm, fine, pay that. If it's £60pm that's fine too. You'll find many people on here who are paying around a third of what you are for exactly the same service. All you need to do is ask them. 

Rob+Jarvis
Topic Author
This message was authored by Rob+Jarvis This message was authored by: Rob+Jarvis

Sky customer for nearly 20 years, paying nearly £100 for TV, broadband and sky talk.

I just want the latest gtechnology as they are promoting on the "HELP" screen for SKYQ HDR.

I've paid the £50 for the box, but still the engineer installed the older. non HDR system... so frustrating.

SkyQ 2TB UHD -HDR
SKY mini box
Philips Hue sync box

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion