Discussion topic: WANT TO ORDER THE NEW SKY Q HDR COMPATIBLE BOX

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Re: WANT TO ORDER THE NEW SKY Q HDR COMPATIBLE BOX

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LGUser wrote:

@bob1234 wrote:

@LGUserI am not sure you can specify a V3 if you want HDR as the V2 box shows HDR as well, I actually like my V2 box as it runs much cooler than either the V1 or V3 due to the seperate power block.

I did specify the v3 2TB box and that's what I have. It runs a lot cooler then the old v1 box which does run hot. I;m very OK with how the v3 box is. It's cool and quiet.

I suspect what @bob1234 is saying is that you can specify an HDR box which could be a v2 or V3 - many, if not most would probably get a v3 box when available but others might  get a v2 box (as I did  just over a month or so ago)

I am not saying that customers can't ask for a v3 box - but we suspect that the processes just can't guarantee that (& even then as discussions have shown some get sent the wrong one)

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@fizzdisco wrote:

@dmy24 wrote:

After speaking with the customer we have now refunded the upfront payment for the HRD box and checked stock levels but unfortunately there are currently no HRD boxes in stock and we apologise for any inconvenience. 

No HRD boxes? Do you have any HDR ones? 😁

I have to admit I nearly asked the same earlier 🙂

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@nigea99 wrote:

@LGUser wrote:

@bob1234 wrote:

@LGUserI am not sure you can specify a V3 if you want HDR as the V2 box shows HDR as well, I actually like my V2 box as it runs much cooler than either the V1 or V3 due to the seperate power block.

I did specify the v3 2TB box and that's what I have. It runs a lot cooler then the old v1 box which does run hot. I;m very OK with how the v3 box is. It's cool and quiet.

I suspect what @bob1234 is saying is that you can specify an HDR box which could be a v2 or V3 - many, if not most would probably get a v3 box when available but others might  get a v2 box (as I did  just over a month or so ago)

I am not saying that customers can't ask for a v3 box - but we suspect that the processes just can't guarantee that (& even then as discussions have shown some get sent the wrong one)

@nigea99 had this discussion a few weeks ago with the same person about asking for a specific box and what you receive depending on what was available but was told if it was them they would refuse the box if it wasn't what they has specified and they would phone and complain 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Tripset This message was authored by: Tripset

Still absolutely no further on in getting another box as claimed they are still out of stock. How do we find out when they are in stock? Don't really want to have to phone every two or three days...

This message was authored by LGUser This message was authored by: LGUser

@Tripset wrote:

Still absolutely no further on in getting another box as claimed they are still out of stock. How do we find out when they are in stock? Don't really want to have to phone every two or three days...

The only way I got my v3 2TB UHD/HDR box was to call and ask. I did so ever so often and eventually Sky said yes they had it and now I have it. When I first called, they said they were out of stock. I never asked about the v2 box as I didn't want that box.

This message was authored by Tripset This message was authored by: Tripset

Sky's claim of out of stock is ridiculous anyway are they really giving every new customers a v1 box on an install, I don't think so. It's always the ones to jump to new tech that pay in the end.

@Tripset wrote:

Sky's claim of out of stock is ridiculous anyway are they really giving every new customers a v1 box on an install, I don't think so. It's always the ones to jump to new tech that pay in the end.

It seems the offer for a free Sky Q install is a 1TB box that doesn't do UHD. And to get a box that does UHD/HDR is a cost. But it seems that's also a 1TB box at present.

Given the situation with getting things in and out of the UK, I'm not surprised at the lack of stock. What Sky really need to do (IMHO) is order a bunch more stock of the v3 2TB boxes or at least order the 2TB hard drives and swap out the 1TB drives in the v3 boxes 1TB boxes.

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

Nothing wrong with the V2 2TB boxes which do HDR and nothing wrong with the 1TB UHD which also does HDR.

Does the V3 box perform any better than the V2 or the  1TB UHD boxes.🤔

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

@best+of+the+best wrote:

Nothing wrong with the V2 2TB boxes which do HDR and nothing wrong with the 1TB UHD which also does HDR.

V3 boxes can either have 1TB or 2TB hard drives (32B1XX or 32B2XX.) They are slightly faster than V2 boxes in terms of processor speed, and also have the UHD capable version of BBC iPlayer. 

@fizzdisco wrote:

@best+of+the+best wrote:

V3 boxes can either have 1TB or 2TB hard drives (32B1XX or 32B2XX.) They are slightly faster than V2 boxes in terms of processor speed, and also have the UHD capable version of BBC iPlayer. 

The v3 box doesn't have an external power supply. I've also read of the v2 box causing the blanking of the screen every so often. I know this was a while ago and mostly with Samsung TVs that have the One Connect. But I wanted the latest box especially since I was paying to get it.

This message was authored by best+of+the+best This message was authored by: best+of+the+best

@fizzdisco wrote:

@best+of+the+best wrote:

Faster in what way not too fussed about UHD iplayer as it's available via tv app or Firetv Stick.

Does the UHD capable version of BBC iPlayer actually work 

@best+of+the+best wrote:

@fizzdisco wrote:

@best+of+the+best wrote:

Faster in what way not too fussed about UHD iplayer as it's available via tv app or Firetv Stick.

Does the UHD capable version of BBC iPlayer actually work 

iPlayer will only strream UHD on a Firestick 4k Max. It will not stream on the 4k Firestick. The faster processer makes the UI faster. It is noticable. vs a v1 box.

Fair comment @LGUser 

@best+of+the+best wrote:

Fair comment @LGUser 

I have the Firestick 4k and while it works well, it's slow. The Firestick 4k Max is faster (from what I've seen on Youtube) and worth getting. I may get one for Black Friday.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion