Discussion topic: WANT TO ORDER THE NEW SKY Q HDR COMPATIBLE BOX

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Barry+Mc+Kelvey This message was authored by: Barry+Mc+Kelvey

Re: WANT TO ORDER THE NEW SKY Q HDR COMPATIBLE BOX

@HTBTOG wrote:

@Barry+Mc+Kelvey wrote:

how can I tell if I'm watching in UHD or UHD HDR?

Thanks in Advance

Barry 🙂 

@Barry+Mc+Kelvey The difference between 200 nits SDR and 1000 nits HDR should be 'blindingly' obvious, if you'll excuse the pun.  😁

If the difference isn't obvious you've either not got your HDR settings correct or you've got terrible eyesight. 😜

Hi

Thanks, I don't have hawk like eyesight these days, and I do have double vision. Hopefully I definately notice the picture quality difference lol.

Thanks in Advance

Barry 🙂

Sky Q UHD HDR 2 TB Box (32B106)
4 x Sky Q Mini Boxes
Sky Q Hub SR203
Rob+Jarvis
Topic Author
This message was authored by Rob+Jarvis This message was authored by: Rob+Jarvis

Finally skyq 2tb hdr box arrived.... 🙂

just out of interest..

My SkyQ UHD-HDR box connects to a Philips hue sync box (light strips on the back of TV that changes colours to whatevers displayed on the screen), from that philips hue sync box goes to the TV's HDMI port, now when i go to sky settings to set UHD 10bit it only alwys 8 bit, but when i connect directly from skyq box to the tv it allows 10bit.  :-? thinking maybe the philips sync box doesnt allow 10 bit to pass through???

SO... i connected the skyq box driectly to the TV, went to sky settings, and set UHD to 10bit. unpluugged the hdmi and routed it through the philips hue sync box, from that to the TV... it still says 10 bit in the settings.

But if i try to do those settings while connected to the sync box it only allows uhd 8 bit.

Summery:

connect skyq box direct to tv get UHD 10 bit in settings

connect skyq box via philips hue sync box only allows UHD 8 bit in settings

so connect driectly skyq box to tv , go to sky settings, set to uhd 10 bit and allows it, unplug  hdr cable and route via philips hue sync box then to tv, go to settings and still says 10bit.. but if i come out of settings abnd try to set 10 bit again, it only allows 8 bit.

TV: SONY KD-55XD9305

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/kd-55xd9305/speci...

PHILIPS HUE SYNC BOX

https://www.philips-hue.com/en-us/p/hue-play-hdmi-sync-box-/046677555221#features

Hope this makes sense.

Rob.

SkyQ 2TB UHD -HDR
SKY mini box
Philips Hue sync box
This message was authored by Tripset This message was authored by: Tripset

So ordered a replacement box for hdr. Online chat supposed to order. Didn't do it. Call centre promised a callback never did. Phoned again order placed. Wrong box (32B0) arrived. Back to square calling a call centre that doesn't understand 

This message was authored by LGUser This message was authored by: LGUser

@Tripset wrote:

So ordered a replacement box for hdr. Online chat supposed to order. Didn't do it. Call centre promised a callback never did. Phoned again order placed. Wrong box (32B0) arrived. Back to square calling a call centre that doesn't understand 

I called Sky on a Sunday and asked if they had any v3 2TB HDR boxes and I was told they did. I was also told that a self-install was £50. IT arrived the next day in the afternoon. It was the correct box. I did double check before the driver left.

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LGUser wrote:

@Tripset wrote:

I called Sky on a Sunday and asked if they had any v3 2TB HDR boxes and I was told they did. I was also told that a self-install was £50. IT arrived the next day in the afternoon. It was the correct box. I did double check before the driver left.

I think most upgrades do go according to plan but unfortunately, some incorrect boxes seem to fall through the net which is really annoying for the customers affected - it shouldn't happen but it does from time to time

@Tripset Hope you get the correct box sent asap

Yeah our order was placed last Tuesday. Asked for delivery to be today by dpd. Wasn't until the box was in hand it said 32B0. Just spent an hour and twenty minutes on the phone and they can't order it, thinking it's out of stock now and waiting call back on Thursday. What number did you phone and what department did you ask for because at the moment every time I phone they have no idea about hdr. 

@Tripset 

They may not be able to assist but in case they can I have escalated your post to SKY

Please see this link re the escalation

https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

If you are using Safari I believe you must make sure that 'Hide IP adress' is not checked in settings to be able to see it - if you have difficulty finding that setting then may be try accessing here with another browser

Please note  it can take up to a day before they contact you - although it can be much quicker

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have now sent an invite to chat 🙂 

Thanks @Greenfingers001 but still no further on. Some say out of stock some say in stock. Just a general confusion from everyone and some that arent aware of what you are asking for. 

@Tripset wrote:

Thanks @Greenfingers001 but still no further on. Some say out of stock some say in stock. Just a general confusion from everyone and some that arent aware of what you are asking for. 

What I did when I called was I asked if they had any v3 2TB UHD/HDR boxes avialable and I was told they did. So call and ask and if you are told yes, order one. Keep a note of the box number you should be getting so you won't be sweapping the old box for the wrong box.

The box number is 32B2XX. I'll check with my box to see if the XX shows if it's a 2TB box when I can and let you know.

@LGUser wrote:

@Tripset wrote:

What I did when I called was I asked if they had any v3 2TB UHD/HDR boxes avialable and I was told they did. So call and ask and if you are told yes, order one. Keep a note of the box number you should be getting so you won't be sweapping the old box for the wrong box.

The box number is 32B2XX. I'll check with my box to see if the XX shows if it's a 2TB box when I can and let you know.

Unfortunately I don't think the Hardware version we see when checking the settings is marked on the box externally - if we can find out the correct hardware identification externally to check before hooking it up we will advise

Although one would hope that customers such as @Tripset would be sent the correct box in the first place  and that when they call, CS staff would undertand the problem and the know the differences 

That is the problem @nigea99 the CS team I have spoken to don't seem to understand or know the differences. Let alone what hdr is. 

@Tripset wrote:

That is the problem @nigea99 the CS team I have spoken to don't seem to understand or know the differences. Let alone what hdr is. 

Keep calling until you get someone who knows what you are talking about. If that's still not working, ask to speak to a manager.

What I can do is escalate this for you and hope that helps.

@Tripset wrote:

I've escalated your post via the community chat. This link explains how it work.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Keep an eye out for an invite/ blue chat bubble. When the bubble appears you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

If you are using Safari please make sure that Hide IP Address is not checked in order to see the blue bubble. If you are having trouble finding this to check the settings, use another browser such as Firefox.

Thanks @LGUser but I've already tried speaking to escalation team who now say it's been out of stock for a year , which I struggle to believe and they have no idea when they'll be back nor do they have a system to tell me when they are back again. So what do I have to do is phone two or three times a week? to then sit on the phone hoping that someone answers and know what a hdr box is. Every time I've phoned I make it clear with what I'm looking for but at the end of the day they don't know nor do the supervisors when asked to speak to one. I ended up teaching someone over the phone about the different boxes and a link to the page which I don't think is my job to do. Having a read on Twitter it seems to be a common thing the last couple of weeks with sending out completely the wrong box.. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion