Discussion topic: Unable to remove item from playlist

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by nogimmix This message was authored by: nogimmix

Re: Unable to remove item from playlist

I am very sure Sky will improve the Playlist with the option to remove items on the list, hopefully sooner than later.

This message was authored by Sooze62 This message was authored by: Sooze62

I'm having the same problem; programmes adding to playlist for no reason & unable to delete! Needs sorting asap. This really lets the experience of sky glass down. It doesn't bump the programmes to the front of the playlist on a new episode either, as previously stated, so have to scroll through programmes (that want to delete) together to the latest episodes. Annoyed. 

This message was authored by leopard+lady This message was authored by: leopard+lady

Exactly the same issue. The biggest bugbear so far in front of not turning on when entering room and not being able to put on bbc channels with voice control

This message was authored by WG+Wright This message was authored by: WG+Wright

@leopard+lady @TardisBlue @Sooze62 @nogimmix @Edmiller Looks like the issue with being able to remove items from iPlayer on the Play Now has been sorted by Sky. Watched the latest episode of Shetland to the end last night and afterwards it was removed automatically from Play Now.

Hope that helps?

Sky Glass 43 inch (replacing Sky Q) Sky FTTP Ultrafast 2
This message was authored by leopard+lady This message was authored by: leopard+lady

My main issue is not being able to remove things I havent put on my playlist but don't want to watch. There are more of them on there than things I actually have put on myself.

This message was authored by WG+Wright This message was authored by: WG+Wright

@leopard+lady Have you tried opening the program you don't want on your Play Now Rail, going to the latest series and episode and then fast forwarding to the end of the episode. That has worked for me

Sky Glass 43 inch (replacing Sky Q) Sky FTTP Ultrafast 2
This message was authored by Missing+sky+Q This message was authored by: Missing+sky+Q

Following this, it's annoying me, can't delete and even if you can they just sit there, what's the point, I dont want to have to search though a whole load of programs on my plsylist to find the one I want to watch. 

It's because the add programs on the remote is where the sound down button was on the Q remote lol getting mixed up.

This message was authored by Blacksmith12 This message was authored by: Blacksmith12

Any joy with deleting stuff? 

No I'm afraid not and myplaylist is getting even more annoyingly full of stuff I didn't add and can't delete, meaning half the stuff I do want on there cant even be found.  Why not a personal playlist and a suggested playlist, would make life sooooo much easier.

Also I dont really thing fast forwarding a series to the end to enable deletion is the answer to this.

This message was authored by Blacksmith12 This message was authored by: Blacksmith12

I've tried the fast forward and still no delete button? Sometimes it's there sometimes it's not! They need to sort this out, simple like in Q ?!

This is the biggest thing spoiling the sky glass experience.  I could live with having to wait for a programme to finish on ITV before I can watch it, not happy but can live with it.  BBC has watch from start so no problem there.  This playlist feature is not fit for purpose and needs to be sorted ASAP.

A few of my friends have sent it back saying it's like a fancy free view 🤷🏻 I like it but this is annoying me 

We discussed returning but decided to give SKY a chance to listen to the various criticism and problems and iron them out.  I have to admit the fact that this isnt happening is making me question this decision.

This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The playlist is broken since the last update. 

It isn't picking up new episodes from channel 4 and itv hub. 

It isn't picking up episodes of something that aired on a normal channel that doesn't have a catch up app, this is becoming frustrating now. 

I am actually not sure where to turn for help, who to raise this with! 

I was just getting used to the pre software update playlist but now it's worse in my opinion. I would rather have the play now rail show the current series and all its episodes instead of just the one that it thinks is up next as it's often wrong since the update. 

A return is not an option to me anymore as it's been over the intial returns period, but playlist isn't working as it should! - sky argue that it is as they are reworking it based on customer feedback. (Who has been asking for this type of playlist!!)

im at the end of my tether with the 'playlist' being an ultimate 'solution'

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion