Discussion topic: The engeneer came today and my tv works but my neighbour now has no signal

This message was authored by Gairo86 This message was authored by: Gairo86

The engeneer came today and my tv works but my neighbour now has no signal

I am trying to reach sky team. The engeneer came to visit today to install a new dish and all works fine now. Unfortunately my neighbour now has no signal need the engeneer to fix it.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: The engeneer came today and my tv works but my neighbour now has no signal

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Does your neighbour have their own dish?

Gairo86
Topic Author

No wo was just made aware that we share one

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Each household should have it's own dish unless connected to a communal dish setup ie In blocks Flats etc...

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )

@Gairo86 As @Annie+UK highlighted It's not Sky's policy to support sharing of a dish, as there are electrical safety considerations. I would guess when the dish was replaced, the engineer did not reconnect the cables to your neighbours home.  

Gairo86
Topic Author

I am a tenant and licterally just moved in. It is a block(2 flats) and I thought the engeneer was qualify to spot two connections to the same dish. Anyway was on the phone with sky and since my neighbour is not a Sky account holder they said probably are not able to fix this. Now I am really appalled by this reply since they should have get a report from the engeneer and understand what has gone wrong. Instead they are claiming that I have no prove that the issue was caused by the sky engeneer, however I do have a pic as prove that the engeneer operated on the dish.

Gairo86
Topic Author

Thanks I understand, but this was not brought to my attention during the visit. I would have even paid extra to get my own satellite installed. Instead they are refusing to take responsibility of the disruption caused to my neighbour. 

@Gairo86 wrote:

Thanks I understand, but this was not brought to my attention during the visit. I would have even paid extra to get my own satellite installed. Instead they are refusing to take responsibility of the disruption caused to my neighbour. 

Sky's responsibility is to you, as you're the subscriber. It would probably be negligent of them to leave your Sky setup in a potentially dangerous condition by connecting your neighbours equipment.

I can understand why they wouldn't take responsibility for your neighbour, in the circumstances.

Gairo86
Topic Author

I went to the roof and found out that the neighbour cable was chopped off and disconnected. I would appreciate them installing a new satellite for me instead of having to deal with an angry neighbour now and probably having to pay for another engeneer to fix it.  This move will cost sky losing myself  as customer after over 5 years of Sky Broadband, Cinema etc paying around 90quid monthly. Thanks for your comments though 🙂

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

How to make a complaint to sky: Sky Customer Complaints Code of Practice

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )
Gairo86
Topic Author

Thanks @Annie+UK @I did make a complaint, got to wait 72 hrs now to be contacted. Let's see. Cheers 🙏🏻

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion