Discussion topic: The codec reported an error. Error Code 14

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Liz+warne This message was authored by: Liz+warne

Re: The codec reported an error. Error Code 14

I will do same

This message was authored by paul1360 This message was authored by: paul1360

Been told that this issue is being worked on but no date for a release yet. If I get anymore info I'll post here.

This message was authored by nigelk999 This message was authored by: nigelk999

thanks for the update Paul....this would imply to me that Sky are having trouble fixing this and it is therefore a complex issue....

@nigelk999

Nah I think as it's only happening on certain devices and only on the Sky Go app is the reason for the time to sort out. As I said before all of the Sky's android app's now use the same base code so the same error's should pop up on them all but they don't. Plus it's not happening on the same devices from what I can see. Any way with luck it may be sorted out soon.

This message was authored by Blue+Cynda This message was authored by: Blue+Cynda

I had to uninstall the sky go and sky q app because they both was not working properly and when I was watching a programme on sky q, I would freeze and put up error code 14 and I would have to close down the sky q app and reload the app again every time, the programme would go either for adverts or change to the next programme, I really miss going on the app because it was handy for me to watch my programmes while my kids or my partner was watching something else 

Busy mums are like busy bees they're always busy

The Sky Go update pushed out yesterday has fixed the Error 14 on my tablet.. Has it sorted it out for you others?????

This message was authored by Dave.M This message was authored by: Dave.M

@paul1360 wrote:

The Sky Go update pushed out yesterday has fixed the Error 14 on my tablet.. Has it sorted it out for you others?????

It was still broken for me on Sunday after the previous update mid January, will check for yesterday's update to see if it's fixed. 

This message was authored by davexc345 This message was authored by: davexc345

Glad the problem resolved for you. Strangely, no new update for me !?.

Still have the error.

This message was authored by Dave.M This message was authored by: Dave.M

Still broken for me with the January 8th app update. 

I'm running Version PR17.3.3-1100 which was pushed out yesterday.

This message was authored by davexc345 This message was authored by: davexc345

I'm running PR17.3.3-1100 also but last update was 8/1/19. All very strange and annoying !.

@davexc345

Telling me it's odd as for some reason it looks like my Sky Go never updated on Jan 8th.

Ah this was a soft update and the fix was not in it just been told. So why my Error 14 has gone away got no idea Smiley Surprised

This message was authored by Delme This message was authored by: Delme

Come on guys cut Sky some slack.

They've only been working on this problem for two years, they need more time 😂.

Sure tablets, phones and laptops are all different but the basics are the same. I'm sure they're up all night working on this for the huge bill paying customers. 😥

This message was authored by StephenCT This message was authored by: StephenCT

Seriously considering switching over to Virgin. Been with Sky for years, but the lack of response to issues such as this shows how much they think of their customers. I’m aware that Virgin probably isn’t much better (if any), but I’m sure that I wouldn’t be paying a premium like I am with Sky. 

This message was authored by Delme This message was authored by: Delme

At least if we went anywhere else for a while (until we find our their faults) by that time Sky may have considered fixing this one.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion