Discussion topic: The codec reported an error. Error Code 14

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Classyrc This message was authored by: Classyrc

Re: The codec reported an error. Error Code 14

@Oger83 You hero! been getting so annoyed at sky for fobbing me off over and over again. Luckily there are people who don't work to sky and are helpful enough to post the solution on here. 

They were supposed to call me again last week and never did. Wonder if they will ever even look at their own sky community board to find the solution... 

This message was authored by Kwm007 This message was authored by: Kwm007

It was only showing this code to me on one channel very strange as it was normal channel , but tried films and other channels and it's fine,  no sense whatsoever and I'd changed nothing in months 

This message was authored by wimss This message was authored by: wimss

This thread started 5 March 2017. "The codec reported an error. Error 14." More than 4 years later I am getting this error. For many people it comes and goes, can sometimes be temporarily fixed by a workaround for a particular device, but it is still a problem. Sky presumably doesn't care.

This message was authored by Alistair+Burns This message was authored by: Alistair+Burns

4 years and over 8 months later this is still an issue. I see it on my Asus CX5500 Chromebook. Yes I have the latest app version, have cleared cache, forced stop, rebooted, used the Android beta and regular. Have tried Tablet. Phone, Tablet and Resizable mode.

Channel 4 SD and HD works but nothing else I have tried. I mainly want Sky Sports and a few weeks back I was able to watch in HD but not SD, now neither works.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Does the Sky Sports app work on your Chronebook @Alistair+Burns or do you also get the same error ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Alistair+Burns This message was authored by: Alistair+Burns

It doesn't appear to be available for Chromebook, only Sky Sports Live Scores.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion