Discussion topic: The codec reported an error. Error Code 14

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Liz+warne This message was authored by: Liz+warne

Re: The codec reported an error. Error Code 14

Hope its sorted soon or i may have to consider going to another provider 

This message was authored by Dave.M This message was authored by: Dave.M

Hope this is fixed soon for the festive football fixtures, just tried watching Arsenal V Burnley a complete waste of time. 

Fired the tablet up again today the problem seems to be getting worse not better

This message was authored by Dave.M This message was authored by: Dave.M

Really?

I was lucky if I could stream more than 10 seconds yesterday, I have an lenovo tab running 5.0 and a Samsung galaxy tablet running 8.0,both unplayable which is unacceptable when we pay for this service. If Google break one of their apps with an update such as Chrome or Movies  it's fixed ASAP. 

Its totally unacceptable at the beginning of the week id get a few minutes before codec error 14 came on the screen , like you today ive had at the most 10 seconds , i to have a lenovo .

This message was authored by paul1360 This message was authored by: paul1360

The crazy thing about this issue is that it only seem's to be on Sky channels as Eurosport 1 & 2 stream without any issue. So whatever codec Sky is using is wrong or has a fault. A good idea maybe is to use the same Codec that Eurosport use for thier streams. Smiley Wink

This message was authored by Gunner45a This message was authored by: Gunner45a

Same problem here and tried everything to resolve the issue,. Come on sky as getting very fed up by it all

This message was authored by CTS22 This message was authored by: CTS22

Still getting error code 14.

Sky Go unwatchable.

@Michaelwx wrote:

Hello All. The Sky Go app recently updated and since then if I try and use 'Watch Now' the programme starts but after about 3 seconds the picture freezes, then after about another 10 seconds the sound stops and I get "The codec reorted an error. Error code 14".

I'm using a Samsung tablet, it was ll working fine until recently, the only change is the actual app update. I've deleted and reinstalled the app.

Any suggestions? I'm not sure how the Sky app can have a codec problem with it's own content.

Thanks.

This message was authored by byesky This message was authored by: byesky

Looks like nothing is being done about it so I will cancel my Sky Sports subscription. 

Same here its totally unacceptable been a couple of weeks now .

This message was authored by davexc345 This message was authored by: davexc345

This thread was started in March 2017 !. Sky have presumably therefore known about the problem for 21 months. 

Why are we still having problems now !?!?.

Sky are happy to take our money and assume they are also happy to lose customers !.

It would be nice to hear from a Sky representative on here.

Yes i posted a message on a forum on fb the other day and explained the problem to a sky employee , still nothing done 

This message was authored by Bigal1 This message was authored by: Bigal1

Unsubscribed Sky Sports.

No longer use the basic sky go app.

This message was authored by nigelk999 This message was authored by: nigelk999

If you are not already aware this problem doesnt seem to occur if you have Sky Q / Sky Q app on your tablet...this makes me think that this could be why Sky are being so seemingly reluctant to apply a fix....maybe this is a cynical conclusion but you would have thought if Sky were really worried they would have fixed....or at least have explained the problem to their subscribers by now....having been a problem for about 21 months now....!

I know there are many people trying to work out why this is happening....and Sky have been wanting in their reaction its hugely disappointing in this day and age....I hope you find a solution soon....

This message was authored by Jamboross This message was authored by: Jamboross

I hav e also been getting these error messages coming up on my Lenovo tablet. I must say that since you changed to Sky Q you have just thrown everyone else on the scrapheap with your old boxes. I am absolutely sick of Sky now and I think I will be changing soon unless they are actually going to do something meaningful about it for a Sky subscriber of 18 years now. I refuse to pay for the new boxes and as for your other services, I don't have them because you don't have fibre here yet you've had it available for years. 2019 will be the year I chuck Sky and go with Virgin who can provide me with a service that I expect for my money. All I'd miss is Sky Atlantic, that's it, but I've found that I can get the programmes I like via other services available to me that don't let me down all the time.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion