Discussion topic: The codec reported an error. Error Code 14

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Gavin+Trollope This message was authored by: Gavin+Trollope

Re: The codec reported an error. Error Code 14

I have been getting this error for years on my tab E 4.4. 

Its a joke. I thought that it was just sky go but it also happens in sky q.

Hundreds of pounds worth of subscriprions to use a service Sky rams down your throat only for it to fail every 15mins. 

Seriously 

This message was authored by paul1360 This message was authored by: paul1360

@Gavin+Trollope

I've not been around for a while but the last I heard was the Android Apps all now run the same base code so why some are giving this error and the others are not is crazy.

This message was authored by Gavin+Trollope This message was authored by: Gavin+Trollope

I agree. And you would think with the money that sky are taking in they could employ someone to find out. But it seems that would be to obvious.

Who knows. Maybe if we all buy new tablets that will fix the problem. Its a real shame because the concept of the app is brilliant and i would use it more than the tv

This message was authored by nigelk999 This message was authored by: nigelk999

I am getting this message on a Samsung Galaxy Tab but only when watching Sky Sports Channels 401 to 409...Eurosport  410 and 411 work fine....also Iplayer and ITV Hub etc....this is a little baffling and would suggest its not actually a fault with the Sky Go App entirely....help!!

This message was authored by davexc345 This message was authored by: davexc345

I updated the app this morning and now get this message !.

As I have had no problems with Sky go in the past what has Sky done !?!?.

Help please.

This message was authored by Tr1984 This message was authored by: Tr1984

I am also getting this message on my android tablet. Trying to watch sky sports and it keeps coming up. App is up to date. It works for a while (maybe a min) then the error code, I press ok, I go back into the channel, same thing happens.....? Come on sky get this resolved

T

I contacted Sky and they are aware of the problem. They are trying to resolve but do not know how long it will take !. 

If you have Sky Q you can download the new App and get everything that was on Sky Go....whilst they are fixing this issue

Thanks Nigel but unfortunately I do not have Sky Q. 

I have an old Samsung Tablet and downloaded the Sky Go app and guess what, it works fine !?!.

glad you managed to fix it....its clearly a difficult issue as Sky are taking a long time to find a fix!

This message was authored by Liz+warne This message was authored by: Liz+warne

Ive had the same problem on my lenovo tablet this week on all sky channels , rebooted tablet , uninstalled app etc nothing works getting pretty annoyed as nothing seems to be being done to fix it 

This message was authored by debra163 This message was authored by: debra163

I have a Lenovo tab and it's just started happening to me. All programmes on Sky Go app stop after a few seconds with error code 14. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

It has been confirmed today that Andriod devices running below version 5.0 are no longer supported, the app store is in the process of being updated to reflect this. If you are running 5.0 or above then Sky are investigating this error.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Thank you for your post.

I get the error message on my Hudl 2, which is Android Version 5.1.

I downloaded the app to my old Samsung Galaxy, Android Version 4.4.2, and it works fine !.

All very confusing and annoying.

Hopefully, Sky will resolve sooner rather than later.

This message was authored by paul1360 This message was authored by: paul1360

My Lenovo YT2 13.3" running Android L 5.1.1 can no longer sream anything from Sky Go due to this issue. It would've been ok as I really only watch sports but after the last Sky Sports app update that is now u/s as it stalls and will not clear to a good stream, this is on all my devices from L 5 to O 8.1 OS's

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion