Discussion topic: Suspected sky box tripping electric

This message was authored by Mark+AUK This message was authored by: Mark+AUK

Suspected sky box tripping electric

Hi everyone.  Just over a week ago, the electric in my home has periodically beening tripped.  Not just part of the house, but the whole house.  Not only the main electric boards, but also the outdoor transfer witch for a generator socket.  This has been going on for a few days, the most recent being just on Saturday.  After a process of elimination, I think the culprit is my sky plus box.  I have had my box for several years and it hasn't been at all problematic.  Just wondering if anyone has experienced similar problems and has any suggestions.

Many thanks

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Suspected sky box tripping electric

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I don't recall seeing this reported before and I would have thought it unlikely as the box is double insulated. Fridges, washing machines and boilers are more likely suspects. I don't  know if plugging your Sky box into an RCD adaptor would confirm or eliminate it as a possibility? Otherwise I can only think of leaving the box unplugged for a while or replacing it.

This message was authored by Stevensom This message was authored by: Stevensom

Experiencing exactly the same issue..

Can you advise me how you rectified this problem ?

Mark+AUK
Topic Author
This message was authored by Mark+AUK This message was authored by: Mark+AUK

I actually changed to Sky Plus

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion