Discussion topic: Subtitles on Sky Glass

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Barbie+R This message was authored by: Barbie+R

Re: Subtitles on Sky Glass

Hi just followed @@Rainydays instructions for accessing subtitles on iplayer with sky Glass. Thanks so much it works.  Open a programme Press select keep depressed and middle icon top left is sutitles. Sky couldn't help but you did. I'm delighted as am very deaf. Thanks agai

This message was authored by Bristol+Scot This message was authored by: Bristol+Scot

Well I had sky glass installed this week with a puck in another room. I have had sky hd boxes for many years and enjoyed watching all of my shows with subtitles. I am profoundly deaf in both ears so reliant on them. Sky glass is the biggest mistake I have ever made it's really not fit for purpose unless you want to watch everything on live TV. UHD does not support subtitles nor does itv hub bbc iplayer c4 or c5. So the only way to watch them is on your phone or tablet.  Also so far it seems less of the movies on sky cinema have them. I have complained to sky and so far I am getting pretty much we have no control over this! If you have hearing loss give glass a miss !

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bristol+Scot subtitles are on IPlayer see  here, All4 are the same see here suspect you will find most apps offer subtitles by the means to access them will vary

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Bristol+Scot This message was authored by: Bristol+Scot

Defo no options for subtitles on my sky glass tv or the puck with my Sony tv when I  look it says subs with sky only available with hd and q. It says the s sign will appear for you to get them. So I tried again with a programme defo nothing on screen.  Same with itv hub no options to turn on subtitles not looked at c4 it 5 apps yet. I have looked at all the comments on her wish I had seen these before I got glass. I am reporting sky to rnid 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Bristol+Scot contact Sky as some units have nneded to be rest to display subtitles dont domthst with out Sky's help though.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Yes the first one did not work at all the sons replacement puck came this am and we managed to get subtitles working on live tv and all the sky channels that support them but having not access to bbc iplayer has left me livid it does not support glass at all. So I will be left watching shows I enjoy on my iPad I am livid I really am. Sky are not taking any of the comments on her seriously at all some go back to nearly a year ago. 

This message was authored by Cross+customer+ag This message was authored by: Cross+customer+ag

I agree skybhave been appalling at resolving this issue re glass and subtitles they really don't care for the hard of hearing deaf customer at all

This message was authored by DavePoynt This message was authored by: DavePoynt

I won't defend sky glass at all cos the subtitles are mostly useless unless you are watching live tv.

1. If you select watch from start on a live tv show they normally disappear 

2. if they don't disappear they are normally way out of sync

3. Any sky catch up show doesn't normally have them. ( on sky go tho) 

4. As soon as you use rewind on a show they will disappear 

total garbage.

but do bear in mind if it's a catch up on one of the third party apps, then they have their own subtitle capability not controlled by the sky glass button. You need to use the apps controls. These sometimes work ! 

This message was authored by johnnoel This message was authored by: johnnoel

Got to say that I am massively disappointed with sky glass and rue the day I moved fro Sky Q which I loved. There are so many problems that I am sick of repeating them.  Subtitles is a massive issue as the sound clarity on many programs is dire and I miss so much that it spoilers the viewing pleasure.

This message was authored by lucyp73 This message was authored by: lucyp73

I cannot believe how rubbish Sky Glass is for the deaf community! Absolutely shocking - even when there is quite evidently an S box indicating there are subs, still none appear. It's so useless and I get pushback all the time with no real answers. Worst mistake we ever made. The actual tv and sound isn't great either. All in all, a disaster that wasn't ready for market. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion