Discussion topic: Stream remote completely unresponsive

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Orac This message was authored by: Orac

Re: Stream remote completely unresponsive

@Tom683 

check my post 704, sounds as thou your batteries have swelled and leaked acid onto the circuit board, follow my advice in my previous post, remove the batteries and carefully check them. 

This message was authored by Spurs1440 This message was authored by: Spurs1440

I had the same issues with my remote. I tried three times with new batteries and no Joy. Kept on saying battery low in the remote. It seemed to work at first when I put new batteries in but after a minute it stopped responding. I swapped the remote with my second puck in the bedroom no problem.  I am assuming it must be becoming faulty

This message was authored by cheesyboy7 This message was authored by: cheesyboy7

Its been a few days with new model remote, so far so good, other 2 remotes I had died within a day or 2, this one is on day 4 and going strong.

This message was authored by IA77 This message was authored by: IA77

unfortunately it looks like the remote for our sky stream is not responsive. I've tried  pressing 7 & 9 then 4 & 6 & then 1 & 3 nothing happens. Remote is dead. I've had issues before with remote it stops working. I've tried rebooting the puck numerous times. This happened yesterday but on the 5th attempt the remote worked. I doubt very much it is battery issues. Seems reading through this thread Sky know there are issues. What are they going to fix them. 

This message was authored by Sky+stream+remote This message was authored by: Sky+stream+remote

My sky stream remote was playing up, going hours without working. I called sky and they sent a replacement and it's now working perfectly 

This message was authored by Jjesso This message was authored by: Jjesso

Just get replacement you'll have it within few days the new remotes don't have any issues 

This message was authored by Richa+sanan This message was authored by: Richa+sanan

Tried pressing all the button like 4& 6 and 1&3 but the remote stop working every now and then. But today remote has completely stopped working for 3 days. We are new customer to sky like 1 month and this issue is happening atleast 10-12 times. How to use tv without remote

This message was authored by MURF1102 This message was authored by: MURF1102

Folks, Just order a new remote, and a new puck to be sure.

Yeah Sky fooked it up but It all works out in the end.

This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Richa+sanan and @IA77 

Request a replacement from Sky and in the meantime, if you have one available you can use a Sky Q remote.

You might be able to get the old one working again by holding both ends and twisting as though you were ringing out a cloth.  It sounds stupid but it worked for me and numerous other people on this forum.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by Marlin1 This message was authored by: Marlin1

Having tried all the procedures in the Sky help online - new batteries , pairing ,switching skystream puck on and off  amazingly twisting remote worked!  But Stream remotes defo faulty and need  replacing, I'll be asking Sky for a new one from a new batch or cancelling Sky stream, if  Sky won't comply.

This message was authored by Denis+R This message was authored by: Denis+R

Sky Stream Remote mostly unresponsive.

So from day one my sky stream remote has been mostly unresponsive. 

Worked out that if I bend the remote back and forth it starts working again so looks like a break in the pcb.

Followed the link from sky.com to the Amazon shop and there is no stock.

Been no stock for weeks now.

Sort it out sky.

This message was authored by Steve-35 This message was authored by: Steve-35

I posted in this thread a while back about my own issues with stream & have continued to watch this thread with interest ever since to see how many more people have suffered the same problems & of any kind of decent fix was forthcoming from sky. 

After suffering with dodgy remotes  & loss of picture & sound since purchasing stream back in October I finally bit the bullet & cancelled it yesterday, reverting back to SkyQ from the 6th February. 

For anyone else thinking of ditching stream I'd suggest giving Sky a call, you might be surprised at what they can offer, they gave me a much better deal for Q & broadband than I had with stream. 

For those who are sticking with stream, I wish you the best of luck with it & hope it continues to work favourably for you. 

Sky Q 2TB V3, 3 x Mini’s, Samsung 65” QLED TV, Sonos Beam, Sky Ultrafast Plus FTTP, 1 account for Sky Q & 1 for Broadband!
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

Re: Sky Stream Remote mostly unresponsive.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Denis+R Faulty remotes has been an ongoing problem and there are numerous threads on this forum on the subject so I am not surprised that Amazon is out of stock.

If you give Sky a call and tell them your remote is faulty they will dispatch a replacement to you. Whilst waiting for the replacement you can use a Sky Q remote is you have one available.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"
This message was authored by PSC133 This message was authored by: PSC133

Re: Sky Stream Remote mostly unresponsive.

Sky currently have stock of replacement upgraded remotes so make the phone call.

I had 2 arrive this week within 48 hours of making the call.

This message was authored by cheesyboy7 This message was authored by: cheesyboy7

I can confirm on my 3rd and lucky remote after I got the latest model all is good and I have not had the same problems as the first 2.

Get the latest model guys.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion