Discussion topic: Sky q remote problems with new hitachi tv

This message was authored by Res1974 This message was authored by: Res1974

Sky q remote problems with new hitachi tv

Hi 

has anyone managed to get the sky q remote volume button to work with a Hitachi 58HK6100U tv sold by Argos?.. 

ive tried the setup codes on the system system and sky website...

any help appericated !..

Thanks rob

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by LisaD88 This message was authored by: LisaD88

Re: Sky q remote problems with new hitachi tv

I am having the same problem with the new hitachi from Argos seems the remote setup doesn't work to control volume. Any help would be appreciated. 

This message was authored by Roger+Peters This message was authored by: Roger+Peters

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@LisaD88 

Hitachi audio/visual products are no longer made by the Japanese manufacturer but by obscure Turkish manufacturers such as Vestel amongst others. These and other no name makes are often referred to as 'supermarket specials'.  Try using the code for Vestel. If that doesn’t work then I’m afraid you are probably on a hiding to nothing as there are multiple obscure manufacturers who supply rebranded models to previously large brand manufacturers.

Thank you for the reply. The problem seems to be when I'm pressing 1 & 3 to enter code and nothing comes up. I have then tried the 7&9 factory reset and again nothing comes up. Think it might me sky rather than the tv? Not sure.

This message was authored by Roger+Peters This message was authored by: Roger+Peters

@LisaD88 

Does pressing the ? button make the LED light up?

If not try another set of batteries.
When you reset the  remote by pressing 7 and 9 together on the remote make sure the remotes LED flashes four times, then repair to the Sky Q box and TV by pressing 1 and 3 together on the remote and follow the instructions to pair to TV

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-q-remotes/fix-remote

If still not working probably time to ring Sky and get it replaced for free.

@Roger+Peters Tried all Hitatchi & Vestel codes couldn't get any to work. 😞

@LisaD88 

Unfortunately, if you search this forum there are quite a few threads wanting codes for Hitachi TV's and as far as I can see no one has yet been successful.🥴

This message was authored by AliGreen83 This message was authored by: AliGreen83

Hi. I've managed it. Go to settings and when you get to remote settings and it tells you to type in model .... it won't find it so it will try options 1-20. Option 8 is the one that does it 

This message was authored by Ricki80 This message was authored by: Ricki80

Which model tv have you succeeded with?   Following your instructions, I get 13 options.  None work! 

This message was authored by AliGreen83 This message was authored by: AliGreen83

A690F605-2658-40D7-959B-8AD46BF873F2.jpeg

Model number: 58HK6100U.

I definitely had 20 options. 
I pressed settings: set up: remote control: I then click the middle option of sky Q remote: control your tv: that's when I typed in Hitachi then "I know it". Then start typing it in and click "my model is not listed". I then got ... "we're trying the settings that are most likely to work first. This is setting 1 of 20 - to test it try changing the volume. Did this work" I kept them clicking "no, try another" until I reached one that worked 

CBD2CE56-5A77-49E2-A370-4F78D828B1E8.jpeg

Tried to follow your instructions, when trying each current I only get 13 options to try and none worked.

6E8DD31F-A6B7-4401-A883-694B3D285141.jpeg

I wonder if it's because my sky Q box is quite new? I've only had it a few months 

It's strange I bought mines in earlier in year. Thought it would be same settings anyway? Seems it's a common issue but Thanks for the comment to help. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion