Discussion topic: Sky q remote problems with new hitachi tv

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Puri01 This message was authored by: Puri01

Re: Sky q remote problems with new hitachi tv

Can you help me to use sky q remote on hitachi new tv model number is 58hk6100u tnx 

This message was authored by Captain+Kirk1991 This message was authored by: Captain+Kirk1991

Hi all problem solved I got a new hitachi  58 inch tv I got for Christmas  my sky remote didn't work at all I found out the old sky q remote doesn't work but the voice activated one works 100% 

This message was authored by Captain+Kirk1991 This message was authored by: Captain+Kirk1991

You need a new sky q voice activated remote old one dont work I tried on old one doesnt work but the new one does 

This message was authored by Roch1405 This message was authored by: Roch1405

I tried vestral and it works.. number 5 vestral 🙌🙌🙌

Tried all of them contacted sky and they said that as I have to first skyq box it won't work so I requested a voice activated remote and working perfectly 

This message was authored by jassaaujla This message was authored by: jassaaujla

for new hitachi tvs, you need a new sky q remote with voice control which is free for sky vip customers in jan2021. registering for vip is free. after that download MY SKY app not SKY GO. in my sky app click on vip in bottom right then scroll down and there you have CLAIM YOUR FREE REMOTE WITH VOICE CONTROL. its not that annoying touchpad one, its normal remote just with voice control. once you get it then follow normal steps of setting up ur remote and it will work fine.

if you guys are strugling with all this freebee drama then just goto ebay there atleast 10 sellers selling this remote for 15 quid BUT MAKE SURE ITS NEW SKY Q REMOTE WITH VOICE CONTROL. IT LOOKS LIKE UR OLD ONE BUT HAVE A BLUE MIC BUTTON ON IT...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/13795671/sky-q-free-voice-control-tv-remote/

This message was authored by ShaneUK31 This message was authored by: ShaneUK31

Hi All. 

AliGreen83's post on programming a Hitachi TV 50HK6100U to work on your Sky Q remote worked. Please read below.

Well Done Mate 👏👏👏👏

This message was authored by LisaD88 This message was authored by: LisaD88

Yes @AliGreen83  advice works.. option 8 😁

This message was authored by Gi11b This message was authored by: Gi11b

I had no problem. I pressed keys 1 and 3 together for a few seconds  and followed on screen instructions. Once that was completed I found out if you give the power button a long press it will turn tv on/off. I even managed to link the sound bar too!

my tv is hitachi from Argos but not sure of the model number

This message was authored by HeyThere This message was authored by: HeyThere

As per the previous comment, number 8 on the options list does work but not quite as the sky instructions tell you. 

so hold 1&3 down then search Hitatchi in the list. 
Then click to option 8, it tells you to try the volume button at this stage. Instead when on option 8, go up and click yes on the right. 
Then come off and go back to sky should be working just fine. 

This message was authored by Phil6694P This message was authored by: Phil6694P

I have the Hitachi 55HK6100u and the voice control remote for skyQ... Hitachi setting 6 worked for us.... Happy hunting

This message was authored by jaydehudson This message was authored by: jaydehudson

This helped me so much thank you! Sound wasnt working till i said yes it works and came off it. Ah thank you!!!

This message was authored by eMTG This message was authored by: eMTG

Thank you! 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion