Discussion topic: Sky VIP Sky Q Upgrade Offer

This message was authored by Blaaaaaaaahhhhhhh This message was authored by: Blaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Sky VIP Sky Q Upgrade Offer

I upgraded my mobile phone last week, in passing the customer rep mentioned that as a Sky VIP customer I could upgrade to Sky Q for £20 without having to extend my TV contract. 

However, when signing into my Sky VIP account the offer is nowhere to be found. Was he incorrect, or is the offer only available to certain customers?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky VIP Sky Q Upgrade Offer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Blaaaaaaaahhhhhhh 

Upgrading to Q typically involves accepting a new 18 month minimum contract term.  The VIP offer is usually open to the top two 'VIP' tiers, and also involves a mandatory Mini box and associated subscription supplement.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Blaaaaaaaahhhhhhh
Topic Author
This message was authored by Blaaaaaaaahhhhhhh This message was authored by: Blaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

Apologies, should have been clearer. 

He meant just upgrading the box itself i.e. replacing my current Sky HD box to a Sky Q box, without amending my current package. 

This message was authored by Rhonny This message was authored by: Rhonny

@Blaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

You can't just change the box. You'd need to do what @TimmyBGood said, and sign up to a Sky Q on a new 18 month contract. Yes, you can keep the same channels/packages etc but they might be named differently and there's multiroom/mini boxes and UHD/HDR to consider as options. 

This message was authored by FatemaH This message was authored by: FatemaH

I was just offered exactly the same deal as @Blaaaaaaaahhhhhhh. Upgrade my existing Sky HD box to a Sky Q box for a one-off fee of £2.

No changes to contract and does not tie me in any further.

But couldn't find the offer via MySky VIP section.

* meant £20.

Blaaaaaaaahhhhhhh
Topic Author

Most strange, as apparently it doesn't exist...

Might give them a call back tomorrow and see if it is a deal.

Sounds too good to be true, but they may honour it based on the conversation I've just had. Worth a try in any case. 🙂

This message was authored by Cook2008 This message was authored by: Cook2008

Have been customer for 20 years your VIP loyality program indicate that I am entitled to a free q box but very hard to get it no response from sky just extend my contract ask the representive to forfill sky VIP but he could not access sky VIP 

This message was authored by roadrunner68 This message was authored by: roadrunner68

Hi Cook2008,

I got the same offer as a loyalty reward, found the link in the VIP page of MySky app but it doesn't work. Have you had any luck since?

This message was authored by Rhonny This message was authored by: Rhonny

@roadrunner68

Call Sky and get your offer over the phone with them. 

This message was authored by roadrunner68 This message was authored by: roadrunner68

Thanks Rhonny, I probably should but I didn't ask for it and I kinda don't need it. I've been using Sky less and less for a while now, might be time to cut the cord. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion