Discussion topic: Sky Glass and Sky Q recorded media

This message was authored by RevStreet This message was authored by: RevStreet

Sky Glass and Sky Q recorded media

If I swap to Sky Glass will I have to loose my Sky Q recored media or can it be transferred to my Sky Glass Cloud storeage. ? 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Sky Glass and Sky Q recorded media

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@RevStreet wrote:

If I swap to Sky Glass will I have to loose my Sky Q recored media or can it be transferred to my Sky Glass Cloud storeage. ? 

You will lose all recording from Sky Q  as it is not transfeable.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

RevStreet
Topic Author
This message was authored by RevStreet This message was authored by: RevStreet

I wonder why? It seems to be an oversite if they wish Sky Q people to move over. Great pity. I guess I will stay with Q . Thanks for your response. I had hoped to move to your exact setup. Although my wife had also hoped that there would be a smaller screen option than 43", but I guess you cant get all the gubbins into a smaller case. 43" is way to big for our home. 32" maybe.... 

This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

You have to look at glass and it's playlist/cloud as starting totally fresh as that's exactly what it does. 

Q and glass have zero similarities really. 

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech
This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@RevStreet wrote:

I wonder why? It seems to be an oversite if they wish Sky Q people to move over. Great pity. I guess I will stay with Q . Thanks for your response. I had hoped to move to your exact setup. Although my wife had also hoped that there would be a smaller screen option than 43", but I guess you cant get all the gubbins into a smaller case. 43" is way to big for our home. 32" maybe.... 

@RevStreet The reason why is that Sky Q stores all recordings on a hard drive on your Q box. Sky Glass has no hard drrive in the TV so even if Sky could transfer recordings over there is nothing to transfer them to.

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

Plus Sky have rights issues with content that maybe on your hard drive that is not allowed to be on the glass platform. - technically it would be a nightmare to implement I think, so sky maybe never bothered looking into this IMO!

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion