Discussion topic: Set up multiple boosters

This message was authored by SmithCJ This message was authored by: SmithCJ

Set up multiple boosters

Hi. Can you set up additional boosters to extend the range of the Wi-Fi so connecting in series rather than linking each back to the main router? So connecting one booster wirelessly to the other booster and that booster wirelessly to the router. Is that possible? And if so is there an order you press the buttons on each of the 3 devices?? Thanks 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

Re: Set up multiple boosters

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SmithCJYes 2 boosters can be connected in "series"  see this link but note that unless Sky is your broadband supplier you can't use WPS to the router only between Q devices.

https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-wireless-booster/what-do-you-need-help-with

SmithCJ
Topic Author

Thanks. It's a sky set up and I already have one booster which works fine. Key question is ... Do you know which order that you press the wps buttons ie nearest booster and router together first and then the one farthest away with the middle booster or again with the router. I guess that if you get that wrong one booster won't link to the other? Appreciate the help as the link only describes pairing one booster. Thanks 

This message was authored by bob1234 This message was authored by: bob1234

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@SmithCJAs far as I know you just press WPS on the two boosters and they link and don't drop the connection to the router if it is set up.

SmithCJ
Topic Author

Thanks. I'll give it a go. Thanks

This message was authored by laurastu This message was authored by: laurastu

Hi,

Can I ask did you manage to connect your boosters in 'series'. I have a similar dilema.

thks!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion