Discussion topic: Samsung 75" QN800A NEOQLEDTV

This message was authored by ARJAYPAT This message was authored by: ARJAYPAT

Samsung 75" QN800A NEOQLEDTV

I got above TV after doing all the settings with Samsung technician I find amost of the faces looks, "Jaundice" which with yellowis tint. Picture quality is not as axpected from an 8K tv. should I use an 8K (HDMI2.1) cable to link sky box and the TV to give me better quality broadcast?

My supplier is happy to take the tv back and refund me in full, should I do that and buy high end 4K instead?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

Re: Samsung 75" QN800A NEOQLEDTV

@ARJAYPAT wrote:

I got above TV after doing all the settings with Samsung technician I find amost of the faces looks, "Jaundice" which with yellowis tint. Picture quality is not as axpected from an 8K tv. should I use an 8K (HDMI2.1) cable to link sky box and the TV to give me better quality broadcast?

My supplier is happy to take the tv back and refund me in full, should I do that and buy high end 4K instead?

More pixels doesn't necessarily mean a better TV. There is very little 8K source material to actually show off what a screen like that can do, other than a few demo videos.

Sky Q output is compressed, like all broadcast TV. A high spec HDMI cable won't improve the image quality. Some TVs are better at upscaling the native 1080i HD output than others. My Samsung 4K TV does a noticeably worse job than my Panasonic.

If I were you I'd return the Samsung and go for a 4K OLED from LG, Sony or Panasonic. 

This message was authored by Doc5907 This message was authored by: Doc5907

Re: Samsung 75" QN800A NEOQLEDTV

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@fizzdisco wrote:

@ARJAYPAT wrote:

More pixels doesn't necessarily mean a better TV. There is very little 8K source material to actually show off what a screen like that can do, other than a few demo videos.

Sky Q output is compressed, like all broadcast TV. A high spec HDMI cable won't improve the image quality. Some TVs are better at upscaling the native 1080i HD output than others. My Samsung 4K TV does a noticeably worse job than my Panasonic.

If I were you I'd return the Samsung and go for a 4K OLED from LG, Sony or Panasonic

@fizzdisco  all you needed to do was add C1 to the LG and you'd start to sound like another poster we know 😛

....................................................................................................................
Sky Q 1TB UHD
LG TV
Sky Mobile
BT Broadband

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion