Discussion topic: Service restricted

This message was authored by An+marie This message was authored by: An+marie

Service restricted

Hi do you know if the chat option is no longer a available I have tried to speak to an advisor and can't get a response or get through on the telephone as my services are restricted due to financial difficulties I need to speak to someone but can't . Thank you 

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Service restricted

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@An+marie  You asked this very same question in this thread in December, the answer has not changed.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Account-Billing/Services-restricted/m-p/3873632#M116480

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

@An+marie  You asked this very same question in this thread in December, the answer has not changed.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Account-Billing/Services-restricted/m-p/3873632#M116480

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

If your services are suspended then Sky will usually require the outstanding amount to be paid off before you can contact them. There are a few things you could try, if you have a Sky Mobile phone or you have a Sky Talk landline then see if you can get through on the free 150 phone number. Failing that before calling Sky on an 03 number add 141 to the number first.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
An+marie
Topic Author

I did not ask this question if you read it I asked in December if there was a live chat option and I have since used the message service which currently does not seem to be working that is what I was asking about !

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@An+marie 

Then as stated you will not be able to speak to Sky until your outstanding debt is paid. 
Before reinstating your services Sky normally require payment in full and also the setting up of a new continuous payment method. If you are two or more weeks overdue you will also have to pay the next bill as well.
Depending on your previous payment history you may be able to pay all but £25 which will then be added to your next bill (although this doesn’t apply for a Sky Mobile restriction). Sky don’t allow payment plans (unless it’s on a legitimately closed account) or promises to pay and they will not respond to your calls whilst your services are still restricted although you may be fortunate enough to get through using a number unconnected to your account or by dialling 141 before the number.
Once your payment has cleared and is in Sky’s account your services should be reinstated.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
An+marie
Topic Author

Thank you for your reply this really doesn't make sense to me if someone needs help as struggling with payment you would obviously need to speak to someone   before making payment . 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@An+marie 

Those are Skys rules I'm afraid. Once your services are de restricted you'll be able to talk to customer services. 
Once you're up and running I would normally suggest contacting the Sky Accessibility Team to see if they can advise/assist you now or in the future, but they can only help customers who find themselves in short term financial difficulties and you've unfortunately been restricted twice in 4 months. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

The online chat messaging services are still available, to my knowledge. It's always best to speak to Sky before the payment falls due if you're having difficulties.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@An+marie wrote:

Thank you for your reply this really doesn't make sense to me if someone needs help as struggling with payment you would obviously need to speak to someone   before making payment . 

If you are struggling then what you should have done is spoken to Sky before the bill was due because as you have discovered if it isn't paid and Sky can't get it 10 days later if paying by direct debit they will suspended your service so for now you will have to pay what you can and when you can if you don't want to try the numbers I posted.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

@An+marie wrote:

I did not ask this question if you read it I asked in December if there was a live chat option and I have since used the message service which currently does not seem to be working that is what I was asking about !

TechmanagerMal_0-1647943853986.png

May require moderation and will appear later?

Passing on the tips I have learned in over 23 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

The best people to talk to will be our Accessibility team @An+marie, they can help support you if you are not in a financial position to clear the bill. 

They DO have a chat team but sometimes it is not available. 

@TechmanagerMal  has linked their contact page. 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Lis1989 This message was authored by: Lis1989

Completey agree with this!

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Lis1989 wrote:

Completey agree with this!

With what? Unless you tag the poster or quote the post you're agreeing with, Community members will reasonably assume you're referring to the post before yours. Is that right?

This message was authored by Lis1989 This message was authored by: Lis1989

@Mark39 yes i forgot to quote who's name i was talking to.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@Lis1989 wrote:

@Mark39 yes i forgot to quote who's name i was talking to.

And we're still none the wiser.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion