Discussion topic: Same package slower than other peoples

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Same package slower than other peoples

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jamesn123 

I still adhere to the 3db difference between downstream and upstream figures. 

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
TheGaskinator
Topic Author
This message was authored by TheGaskinator This message was authored by: TheGaskinator

@jamesn123  I clicked the link but not sure of the info it's asking me to provide. Don't even have a land-line set up so can't even put the number in as not sure of it

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@cookiemonsteruk 

Yes but 3dB is classed as 'Above performance' 6dB is normal. You cant say a line is faulty when its margin is 6dB. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

@TheGaskinator wrote:

@jamesn123  I clicked the link but not sure of the info it's asking me to provide. Don't even have a land-line set up so can't even put the number in as not sure of it

Thats why I said use the address checker

I am NOT a Sky Employee
TheGaskinator
Topic Author
This message was authored by TheGaskinator This message was authored by: TheGaskinator

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Handback
Threshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability Date High Low High Low       VDSL Range A (Clean) TheGaskinator_0-1641587376115.gif

50.6 39.1 11.9 7.2 35 Available Available VDSL Range B (Impacted) TheGaskinator_1-1641587376115.gif

49.3 35 11.6 6.2 30 Available Available
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install Process FTTP on Demand 330 50 -- Available --
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability Date WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 12 -- 7 to 17 Available WBC ADSL2+ Annex M Up to 12 Up to 1 7 to 17 Available ADSL Max Up to 6.5 -- 6 to 8 Available WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Other Offerings Availability Date VDSL Multicast Available ADSL Multicast Available
Exchange Product Restrictions Status FTTP Priority Exchange N WLR Withdrawal N SOADSL Restriction Y

The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

WLR is currently available at the exchange

SOADSL is restricted at the exchange

FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 30 Nov 2012. The Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30 Jun 2014.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

If you decide to place an order for a WBC fibre product, an appointment may be required for an engineer to visit the end user's premises to supply the service

Mildenhall exchange:Only single order products are available and ADSL and ADSL2+ products are not shown as available.However for premises that can only be served by SOADSL, BT will continue to accept ADSL and ADSL2+ orders until SOADSL is available.

Thank you for your interest

Hi @TheGaskinator 

Its quite hard to read like that could post it as a screenshot instead?

Also if you do the same checker but for your partners address we can see if there is any disparity in the line estimates between the two properties.

I am NOT a Sky Employee
TheGaskinator
Topic Author

OK thank you I will get a screenshot of it later on. The house she's in is alot newer build than mine would that make a difference? Also does anyone know if I can replace my sky router with a 3rd party router.. Rockspace ac2100? 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@TheGaskinator wrote:

The house she's in is alot newer build than mine would that make a difference? 

Both external and internal wiring is a factor, so aging infrastructure does potentially affect performance.  Are you connected via a modern pre-filtered Openreach master faceplate, or an add-on microfilter?

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@TheGaskinator wrote:

Also does anyone know if I can replace my sky router with a 3rd party router.. Rockspace ac2100? 

I'm not familiar with that model, but typically the lower cost routers listed on places like Amazon are American ethernet-only cable modems and so don't have the VDSL connection (incoming 'telephone' port) required to work with UK FTTC.  An additional complication is that Sky use a somewhat unusual authentication method as compared to other UK ISPs, and so various VDSL routers also don't work with Sky broadband.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
TheGaskinator
Topic Author

@TimmyBGood

IMG_20220108_151354.jpg

 im using that if that's what you mean? Sorry about the dust lol but also have this other one that I don't use. 

IMG_20220107_141458.jpg

 and finally a screenshot of the stats

Screenshot_20220108_151202_com.android.chrome.jpg

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion