Discussion topic: Router keeps dropping internet connection daily

This message was authored by familylife This message was authored by: familylife

Router keeps dropping internet connection daily

My Router keeps dropping the internet connection daily and most days i can be upto 6 - 8 times a day, we did have this a few times before and was told a new hub was being sent out (but as yet not recieved) this was in January time, well before lockdown.

The middle light of the three on the router turns off then goes amber, followed by it going back to green, as said before i have been through all of sky's checkes etc etc and still dont have a reliable connection, i pay as others do for a consitant connection, its not the speed as done a check got 13mbp its the dropping connection.

And due to the C19 issue i can not ring skys as its only for vunarable and Key works (Why) we all need a connection when we work form or need to stay in contact with family during the lock down.

Please advise what i need to do to resolve this continuing issue.

Les

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mr+Whipp This message was authored by: Mr+Whipp Answer

Re: Router keeps dropping internet connection daily

If you've tried everything on there and it's not picking anything up. Then i would suggest calling customer service..

Just be aware that we're prioritising our more vulnerable customer at this time so call queues may vary in length.

Our agents in the call centre would be able potnetially help more/

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mr+Whipp This message was authored by: Mr+Whipp

Hi there, 

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having on the internet at this stage.

Please downloadopen the Mysky app and run through diagnostics on there, it will let you know if there is an issue with your broadband.

If you do need to call through to us we will be happy to help but we are prioritising our more vulnerable customer first so there will be a long wait to get through to us.

I hope this information helps

familylife
Topic Author
This message was authored by familylife This message was authored by: familylife

hi done what you suggested and didn't show any issues and then at 23:00hrs and again at 23:55hrs yesterday it dropped out again and from my computor it to me to sky auto fix page and then said fixed within 1 minute. I.e. Internet connected. this has also done the same thing again today twice thus fare.

should I ring in about this

This message was authored by Mr+Whipp This message was authored by: Mr+Whipp Answer

If you've tried everything on there and it's not picking anything up. Then i would suggest calling customer service..

Just be aware that we're prioritising our more vulnerable customer at this time so call queues may vary in length.

Our agents in the call centre would be able potnetially help more/

familylife
Topic Author

OK thanks

This message was authored by Padraigog This message was authored by: Padraigog

basically same thing here. Connection drops several times per day, can’t run diagnostic as no internet then when up and running a couple of minutes later it says great connection??

now nhs and key workers are being prioritised?? The group of people who aren’t at home all day every day with kids complaining about internet dropping?

i know it won’t be a popular opinion but how about every customer being treated as a priority and deal with things more efficiently? What’s the point of having a help section if help means telling you to contact customer service? Anyone working from home needs a reliable stable internet service and it doesn’t seem as tho sky can deliver that.

very unhappy customer. 

familylife
Topic Author

I just rung them and just said what the voice rec asked and there is a option to tell them if you are NHS or key. I said no and went in que. it said 1hr but they couldn't have been busy as I was connect in 5 mins. explained issue and told them have had this before and it stops once I contact them and now back. was told they are doing line check and rung me back on mobile but mobile was on WiFi calling and it dropped as  not got good signal. but not had a call back to say what the outcome was.

Sorry to hear about the call dropping, i'd suggest calling back as outbound calls are not something they're doing at the moment due to requirement of being available in case somebody needs to call through.

All the notes from previous agent should be on your account. so they should be able to carry on where you left off.

really sorry about the experience so far but sadly the current situation in the world isn't helping matters.

This message was authored by Nannymuffin This message was authored by: Nannymuffin

I have the same problem I have spent an hour on the phone with customer services to no avail. I am seriously thinking of changing supplier as Sky are unable to sort out the problem

familylife
Topic Author

Just my update, rung back (as its free) and wasnt waiting that long 5mins if that and i was sent a new router (Hub), its a bit of a pain as you have to reset ALL items back up again due to new Password etc., its even worse when you have Google assist as you have to do every item.

But done that and touch wood not had any drop outs of internet thus far, only strange thing i had was at 01:15hrs this morning it powered its self off completly, dont know if that was it updating software or if we had a power blip. my son was accusing me of turning it off as he wouldnt get off exbox lol.

But all in all the router was delivered the next day and seams to be ok time will tell.

This message was authored by Tish78 This message was authored by: Tish78

Noticed this for weeks now and thought it maybe the demand but seems not, ive had my PC upgraded, ive bought NEW Powerline adpapters £40 and several times the connection to the PC stops. I then have to reset the ethernet adapter then its fine, ive done all the online stuff and like most "No Issues" but even the telephone line crackels.

I understand about the Priority but my wife is a deputy head teacher and working from home needs a secure and trustwory internet as timetabling is a massive game of tetris and drops in the internet cause her to redo a few mins to hours of work.

New Router - Yes please OR we will just take our business else where as from looking at the post thread im not the only one with this issue.

Looking forward to a reply

Hi there, 

If you're having issues with your internet and the phone line is crackling then there is potentially a fault on the line.

go on to the MySky app and run through diagnostics on there directed at your phone line and it will let you know best steps to take to resolve issues.

This message was authored by Nannymuffin This message was authored by: Nannymuffin

Internet still drops. I have lost connection 3 times today already and it is only 10.32

This message was authored by Richie+RVF This message was authored by: Richie+RVF

Hi, I'm having the same issue, continually dropping the connection.

I used the webchat option and was eventually passed to an expert, who was very helpful, said my speed was turned down for some reason, despite still paying for superfast! He changed this and all seemed fine, for a short time, the connection kept dropping.

I got back onto the webchat and again was passed to an expert, again, very helpful but no apparent issues, so, as a precaution he said they would send me a new router, very happy with the help - until I received a bill for €10 for delivery - not best pleased about that! I have been a customer for 15+ years, actually probably heading for 20 years, would have expected better service and at least to have been advised of the charge!

So, my new router arrived and I reconnected, worked well for a day or so but since then it regularly loses connection, flashing amber and eventually solid amber and then green, this means that the sky Q mini boxes won't allow you to watch anything and have to reboot, very frustrating!

I send an email to customer care and eventually got a reply, which I responded to with the requested info - days later I get another reply saying I didn't give the info required! I replied to that email many days ago and have not had any reply yet!

As I said, with SKY for heading for 20 years now, pay over €200 every month and get treated very, very poorly!

Unfortunately, I don't have many options available to me other than SKY so I guess I have to just accept this terrible customer care.

Very, very unhappy customer!

Terribly sorry to hear about the experience you're having at these times.

I would highly reccomend calling through to one of our agents instead of waiting hours, maybe days for a e-mail response. We should be able to get an action put in place to resolve your issue within the hour. Whether that being simple steps to take whilst you're on the phone or booking a service visit with ourselves or Openreach depending on the location of the issue.

Give Sky a ring on 150 from your Sky landline or mobile if you have one. Sadly i can't see your account from the forum so sadly can't help further. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion