Discussion topic: Restricted

This message was authored by Jonpop This message was authored by: Jonpop

Restricted

Hi, my account has been restricted due to none payment, I Dnt get paid until next week would sky reinstate my services for 1 week until I can pay? 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Restricted

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jonpop  no they won't reinstate so If your account is restricted then unless you can get through via a number not linked to your account or by putting 141 before sky’s number then unfortunately you will need to do one of the following in order to remove the restrictions as sky won’t take your call until you do

1. Pay the outstanding balance in full (which you can do here https://www.sky.com/myaccount/bill/pay#M1014) and setup a new continuous payment method (which you can do here https://www.sky.com/myaccount/bill/change-payment-method#M1014) (services won’t be restored until the payment has cleared, so if payment is/was made on a weekend or bank holiday then it’s unlikely that payment will clear and services are restored until the next available working day)

Or

2. Pay all bar £25 (use the link posted above)(the unpaid £25 will be added to the next bill) and setup a new continuous payment method (use the link posted above) (services won’t be restored until the payment has cleared, so if payment is/was made on a weekend or bank holiday then it’s unlikely that payment will clear and services are restored until the next available working day)

Two important points about option 2

1. There is no guarantee that it will work as it depends on payment history

2. It is not applicable to mobile accounts

If your more than two weeks late in paying sky will insist on you paying next months bill in advance as well before restoring services

It is also important to note that sky don’t do payment plans I’m afraid (except on a legitimately closed account)

If you disagree with the billed amount it’s advised to pay it first to get service restored then you will be able to contact sky to dispute it and should sky agree an error has been made they will refund any overpayment

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Restricted

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jonpop  You are not talking to Sky, they won't reinstate your account until the balance you owe is cleared and a new direct debit setup.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion