Discussion topic: Playlist refresh now live.

This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

Playlist refresh now live.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Playlist tab added at the top of homepage. 

Play now rail has become 'Continue watching'. 

——————————————————————————————————

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Sky glass 55”Anthracite - Stand mounted - Ethernet

Virgin media broadband 350mbps
Sky mobile - iPad and iPhone 13 pro max
Plenty of Apple tech

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Re: Playlist refresh now live.

No update here 😢 

Is it through a software update or just background update.

EDIT: Got it after a reboot

Jayboy1990
Topic Author
This message was authored by Jayboy1990 This message was authored by: Jayboy1990

It should have just appeared, no update needed as its a 'switch on' within the current software. 

You could try a reboot. @Anonymous 

*PLEASE if you have been helped 'like' the response. Been given an answer from a member PLEASE mark as the answer*
I help out where I can in the Sky Glass forum, maybe a superuser but not a sky employee.

Plenty of Apple tech

@Jayboy1990 

Yep reboot did it, thanks 😊 

Jayboy1990
Topic Author

Still no way to remove any trapped or unwanted programmes in 'Continue watching'.

I had a feeling this might end up being a visual change and not actually a mechanical change!

Feeling deflated by this addition. 

Plenty of Apple tech

Well they've screwed this up it's worse!!!

All episodes are back watched as well. I don't have continue watching I do have most recent.

What a mess how the hell could they make it worse!

At least previously the Play Now rail had the latest episode to watch now everything is mixed together watched and unwatched.

Jeez idiots!

Jayboy1990
Topic Author

I dont see this as an improvement @Anonymous 

I had hoped that the 'continue watching' tab - (where 'play now') use to be to include a Netflix style remove from continue watching option. 

When selecting a programme with multiple series i thought they could have implemented the most recent series first i.e. 15 series would show series 15 at the front and not the end. 

Plenty of Apple tech

@Jayboy1990 

Where is Continue Watching?

I don't have that!

There is going to be uproar over this what were they thinking 🤬🤬🤬

Jayboy1990
Topic Author

Continue watching is further down the homepage where play now used to be. 

I have just found that when i add a new programme to playlist, it doesnt show up in Continue watching. 

I have to go through many more menus and clicks, Playlist -> Most recent -> select programme -> Play it and then i can track the series in Continue watching. Previously this was add to playlist go to Play now -> Play!!! 

Plenty of Apple tech

@Jayboy1990 

No 100% don't have that!

Just tried the steps as you have done for 3 programmes and nothing. 

This message was authored by WelshPaul This message was authored by: WelshPaul

No continue watching here either.

Edit: Yes I do. No idea if I just couldn't see it or if it only just appeared. 👀

Jayboy1990
Topic Author

IMG_3561.jpg

Youll need to wait for the image to be approved but that shows the continue watching rail. 

Plenty of Apple tech

@Jayboy1990 

Yes I started a programme and stopped and continue watching has popped up. But, will new episodes appear here as per the old Play Now rail? If they do then happy days if not then there is no easy way to track what latest episodes of a series are available.

I have several playlist items not watched but none have populated in continue watching, your daily appears to have fully populated.

Sky have achieved nothing here other than moving the playlist menu to the top rail. No added features 😑 

If anything this has made things worse if I check episodes it assumes I've not watched them!

Some programmes show the latest episode first others series 1 first.

Total and absolute mess. Not Impressed.

Jayboy1990
Topic Author

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jayboy1990 

Yes I started a programme and stopped and continue watching has popped up. But, will new episodes appear here as per the old Play Now rail? If they do then happy days if not then there is no easy way to track what latest episodes of a series are available.

SO, YES ONCE YOU HAVE WATCHED AN EPISODE IT WILL TRACK TO THE NEXT ONE. WHAT IT DOESNT DO IF PICK UP ON A NEW SERIES THAT YOU ADD AND HASNT STARTED YET. I.E. YOU ADD TONIGHTS IM A CELEB AND IT BECOMES AVAILABLE YOU HAVE TO GO INTO MOST RECENT THEN PLAY AND IT STARTS TRACKING. NOT THE WAY PLAY NOW WORKED. 

Sky have achieved nothing here other than moving the playlist menu to the top rail. No added features 😑 

If anything this has made things worse if I check episodes it assumes I've not watched them!

SAME ALL MY EPISODES HAVE RESET TO UNWATCHED, APART FROM THOSE SITTING IN 'CONTINUE WATCHING'. 

Some programmes show the latest episode first others series 1 first.

VERY INCONSISTENT. 

Total and absolute mess. Not Impressed.

Used caps to differentiate my responses, not to indicate shouting*

Plenty of Apple tech
Jayboy1990
Topic Author

Aha, i think i have cracked the backwards displaying, if content is from on demand/skys servers they display backwards. 

If from an app, such as all4 the series show the same old fashioned way!

Plenty of Apple tech

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion