Discussion topic: Paramount + is coming in 2022

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Re: Paramount + is coming in 2022

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Interestingly, my Sky+HD box doesn't let me download Paramount content (because I don't have the Cinema sub), but from the Sky+ App, I can download it to my box (still can't play it, obviously) 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by Skyuser1981 This message was authored by: Skyuser1981

I mentioned the Sky+ app as a casual aside just saying I had that app not the Sky go app because i had to delete it because my phone is old and runing out of space, the PS4 tv from Sky app is a variant of the Sky Go app optomised for a console controller

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@oj01 wrote:

Interestingly, my Sky+HD box doesn't let me download Paramount content (because I don't have the Cinema sub), but from the Sky+ App, I can download it to my box (still can't play it, obviously) 

@oj01 can you do us a favour and confirm that the content you see on the box and sky + app are one-of the same?

@nigea99  I guess this could be the way forward for people like myself who can't connect the sky +hd box to the web and can't access the app but have a cinema sub

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@oj01 wrote:

@oj01 can you do us a favour and confirm that the content you see on the box and sky + app are one-off the same?

@nigea99  I guess this could be the way forward for people like myself who can't connect the sky +hd box to the web and can't access the app but have a cinema sub

@SKY1992bf Yes, looks like exactly the same content 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD

@oj01 wrote:

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@oj01 wrote:

@oj01 can you do us a favour and confirm that the content you see on the box and sky + app are one-off the same?

@oj01 thanks, so I think that's the way for me to go , download onto my iPad and watch that way, just need something to become available that I what to watch now (Halo please 🙏 (aware it's unlikely given it's exclusive tag))

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@oj01 wrote:

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@oj01 wrote:

@oj01 thanks, so I think that's the way for me to go , download onto my iPad and watch that way, just need something to become available that I what to watch now (Halo please 🙏 (aware it's unlikely given it's exclusive tag))

@SKY1992bf  Look in the Catch up section - Halo is showing under Paramount +there for download

@nigea99 wrote:

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@oj01 wrote:

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@oj01 wrote:

@SKY1992bf  Look in the Catch up section - Halo is showing under Paramount +there for download

@nigea99 Thanks, I just tried to download and it's giving me option to download to box which obviously it won't do as it can't be connected to the web 😖 

This message was authored by RichL74 This message was authored by: RichL74

Still cannot sign up, even at 04:40 this morning.

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@RichL74 reboot whatever Sky box you are using as the system works for the vast majority when not overloaded. If still stuck give Sky a call aftervtheir lines open at 7am as your account msy have an issue.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Dazza123456 This message was authored by: Dazza123456

Paramount + in stereo only?

So first they say no 4k available, but will be available in the future,  then I discover everything is only available in Stereo 😮.  Looking into this more (and hopefully someone can prove me wrong) there website in the USA says to get 5.1 and above you need to spend more money getting a Amazon fire stick , roku, or appletv that plug into the hdmi port.

I don't understand why considering the other 4 streaming services ( Netflix, Amazon, Disney, Apple) are able to offer 5.1 through there tv app and the sky app.

I know this isn't Sky responsibility but wanted to make others aware. 

D

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

Re: Paramount + in stereo only?

@Dazza123456 

You should never rely on Sky's apps to give you the best experience.

They are there for convenience, not quality.

Paramount+ is available with 5.1 audio on other devices such as the Apple TV 4K box. Your login created with Sky Q/Glass can be used on other devices. HD is the maximum resolution available from the Paramount+ UK service. 

This message was authored by pantha17 This message was authored by: pantha17

Ray Donovan error in paramount +

Anyone else having trouble getting Ray Donovan the movie to play via their sky box? It works on the paramount + app in my phone but won't play via my sky box. Just get an error. Other titles are working fine. 

This message was authored by Dazza123456 This message was authored by: Dazza123456

Hi there fizzdisco

I don't rely on Sky's app I use my tvs apps, but as you have confirmed I have to pay out money to get an apple 4k just to get 5.1 , but I don't have to pay any extra to enjoy 5.1 with the other 4 streaming services. 

This message was authored by Ash1955 This message was authored by: Ash1955

I tried to sign up starting at 9:00 am yesterday and at 7.00 pm I finally did it. Sadly only to find I could not log-in to watch anything via the sky Q box because it was too busy.
I have android TV so I downloaded the Paramount + app and logged in there with no problems!

I will try the Sky Q route another day but why should I bother to turn on the Sky box when I can just use my TV 😜

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q UHD HDR 1 TB Box
1 x Sky Q Mini Boxes
Virgin broadband wired network
7.2ch Home Theatre AV Receiver | Sony STR-DN1080
Sony BRAVIA 4k Google TV
This message was authored by Ash1955 This message was authored by: Ash1955

@Dazza123456 

My Sony TV remote has a button for each of the 4 major streaming services , so I doubt I will be using the Sky route  😎. I guess if this service takes off Sony will add a button on their new remotes 😂

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sky Q UHD HDR 1 TB Box
1 x Sky Q Mini Boxes
Virgin broadband wired network
7.2ch Home Theatre AV Receiver | Sony STR-DN1080
Sony BRAVIA 4k Google TV

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion