Discussion topic: Paramount + is coming in 2022

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: Paramount + is coming in 2022

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@simon194 wrote:

@SKY1992bf wrote:

@simon194 wrote:

@Andym15 wrote:

@Barry+Mc+Kelvey wrote:

Hi

Also, when I get the issue sorted out and get the free subscription via Sky TV, would I need to pay a subscription if I wanted to watch Paramount Plus via a non Sky TV device?

Thanks in Advance

Barry 🙂

No you don't need to pay anything extra. It's working perfectly on my Apple TV for example.

After activating  Paramount+ on my Q box, when I try to use the app on my Apple TV it tells me I have to choose a plan. It's the same with the app on my TV as well.

@simon194  0nce you create a p+ account via q box you should be able to login to the app on any device using the same credentials created when signing up via the q box 

so is this happening when you try and sign in using p+ account credentials you just created 

I followed all the steps and created the account and it asks me to choose a plan when I try to log in to another device using the credential I had just created.

I've also discovered I can't watch anything using the Q app. I just get the spinny thing when I try to watch something. I'm guessing something foobared during activation.

@Mark-Br  any advice?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Barry+Mc+Kelvey This message was authored by: Barry+Mc+Kelvey

@simon194 wrote:

@Andym15 wrote:

@Barry+Mc+Kelvey wrote:

Hi

Also, when I get the issue sorted out and get the free subscription via Sky TV, would I need to pay a subscription if I wanted to watch Paramount Plus via a non Sky TV device?

Thanks in Advance

Barry 🙂

No you don't need to pay anything extra. It's working perfectly on my Apple TV for example.

After activating  Paramount+ on my Q box, when I try to use the app on my Apple TV it tells me I have to choose a plan. It's the same with the app on my TV as well.

Hi

Well that's disappointing to have to take up another subscription to watch it on another non Sky device. If I'd known that was the case, I'd not have cancelled my subscription via Apple this morning.

Thanks

Barry 🙂

Sky Q UHD HDR 2 TB Box (32B106)
4 x Sky Q Mini Boxes
Sky Q Hub SR203
This message was authored by tarbat This message was authored by: tarbat

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@simon194 wrote:

Were you definately using the Paramount+ app on your Apple TV box, or selecting the Paramount+ channel on Apple TV?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TARBAT's SETUP....................Sky Q 2tb v3
Panasonic 65” GZ1500 OLED TV : Yamaha YSP-2700 Soundbar (ARC) : BT Smart Hub 2 & FTTP 900 : BT Disc
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky Community Superuser. 25 Years Diamond VIP

This message was authored by Beavis This message was authored by: Beavis

There is now an error on the upgrade page for me in SKY Q. Must be due to demand but in 2022 it is a joke that organisations aren't using the Cloud and autoscale!

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

Re: Paramount+ UK <> US content

CSI Vegas has been picked by Alibi in the UK who have first run rights.

https://worldscreen.com/tvdrama/uktvs-alibi-picks-up-csi-vegas/

This message was authored by redsky88 This message was authored by: redsky88

@Thondwe Content will be very different between US and UK versions of the app due to licencing but as rights expire on other platforms I imagine they will filter back to P+. The two versions will probably look alot closer in a few years time. 

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

Differences will remain, The Amazing Race is likely to appear on Disney+ in the UK at some point.

This message was authored by Davybiker This message was authored by: Davybiker

Well I saw the app on my sky q box and started it.

saw the get paramount+ and sign in with paramount+ options and only the latter could be selected. So I searched online and found that you could register p+ through MySky web page which I did and created my p+ account there.

went back to sky q and selected the app and sign in option and all I get is an error saying I've already got paramount+ and to select the app from my Home Screen, which I did!

every time I try I either get that statement (also flagged as MYSKY_2013) or paramount+ is unavailable (flagged as MYSKY_2012).

q box reboot and app refresh doesn't fix it!

It is slowly coming back to life.

I am now stuck on a 404 on the paramount page, once it attempts to activate my account.....

So close but so far....

This message was authored by Antokram This message was authored by: Antokram

I'm getting the same Paramount + is unavailable managed to download the app on Firestick and sign in with sky ID 

Working ok for me now!

This message was authored by Skyuser1981 This message was authored by: Skyuser1981

Re: Do we get a Paramount+ account for free or just access on Sky devices?

Peacock is free to everyone who has Sky its nothing to write home about, its 99 percent really old repeats! given Sky Cinema is £11 a month it would frankly be an outrage if you didn't get a fully fledged Paramount+ account 

This message was authored by RichL74 This message was authored by: RichL74

Ah... the digital future eveyone seems to want...

This message was authored by LGUser This message was authored by: LGUser

@tarbat wrote:

@LGUser wrote:

Once you are registered and logged in to the Sky Q Paramount+ app, you can download most of the Paramount+ content. Just search for it outside of the app. It's listed as coming from the Paramount Network.

Not anymore. Paramount Network downloadable content now says "Sorry, this item is no longer available" when I try to download.

It did work this morning. I downloaded South Park and two of the thres Stranger New Worlds episodes.

It's a shame. It would have been nice to be able to download.

This message was authored by Skyuser1981 This message was authored by: Skyuser1981

I prefer a bit of both! I don't need to own all my content but I want the choice to own some 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion