Discussion topic: Paramount + is coming in 2022

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Dazza123456 This message was authored by: Dazza123456

Re: Paramount plus

From info I have picked up on other sites March seems likely for the appearance of Paramount + in the UK.

This message was authored by LGUser This message was authored by: LGUser

@Dazza123456 wrote:

From info I have picked up on other sites March seems likely for the appearance of Paramount + in the UK.

And it fits with the Twitter post saying early 2022.

This message was authored by Mark-Br This message was authored by: Mark-Br

At the time of typing, a launch date hasn't been announced, but Paramount+ is coming to Sky in 2022.

https://www.skygroup.sky/article/viacomcbs-partners-with-sky-to-launch-paramount-in-europe 

Note: If some posts seem a little repetitive, I have merged a few threads on the same topic. 🙂

Mark
Community Manager

This message was authored by Skyuser1981 This message was authored by: Skyuser1981

Paramount+ on Sky HD

Is Paramount + only going to be available on Sky Glass and Sky Q? is there a way to access it with Sky HD like through Sky Go? or is it only on Sky Glass and Sky Q 

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

Re: Paramount+ on Sky HD

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Skyuser1981 In the press release, Sky used the terms "all Sky Cinema customers" and "all other customers" - so that implies Sky+HD customers as well. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

There will most likely be a Paramount+ option in the On Demand section on legacy boxes (that can access OD), the same way as we get BBC iPlayer content on these boxes

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )
This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

Re: Paramount + is coming in 2022

BBC iPlayer is quite different

All free-to-air BBC services are bound by PSB obligations, including iPlayer, while the obligations only extend to the main linear Channel 3, Channel 4 and Channel 5 services; ITV Hub, All 4 and My5 are not covered by the PSB remit "

https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm5801/cmselect/cmcumeds/156/15604.htm

Paramount+ is like Netflix, Amazon Prime , Discovery+ , Disney+ and Apple TV+ a third party streaming service (app)

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@Timelord2018 wrote:

Dont know why you think that, BBC iPlayer is quite different as the BBC is a PSB

Paramount+ is like Netflix, Amazon Prime , Discovery+ , Disney+ and Apple TV+ a third party streaming service (app)

Because Oracles & Super Users are privy to information not accessible to the general community populous 😈

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )
This message was authored by rscott This message was authored by: rscott

@Annie+UK wrote:

There will most likely be a Paramount+ option in the On Demand section on legacy boxes (that can access OD), the same way as we get BBC iPlayer content on these boxes

I'd think that unlikely - it'd require Paramount+ content to be transcoded to the appropriate format and stored on Sky's servers. Unlikely to happen with new third party content . iPlayer is a little different as it's a PSB and that download service has been available for many years (although not all iPlayer content is available there).

I'd think it's more likely that Sky+HD users would be able to log into Paramount+ on other devices and watch that way. They just wouldn't be able to use the Sky+HD box itself for it.

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@rscott wrote

• I'd think it's more likely that Sky+HD users would be able to log into Paramount+ on other devices and watch that way. They just wouldn't be able to use the Sky+HD box itself for it.

I fear you're correct. It which case, I simply couldn't be bothered to watch it. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

I'm with @rscott I'll be hoping sky +hd customers can access the p+ app on any device using sky credentials 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by gavinscott82008 This message was authored by: gavinscott82008

@SKY1992bf 

Paramount+ gives you the option to sign in with partner across all its current regions. My assumption is that you can do exactly that to get logged in on another device.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@gavinscott82008 wrote:

@SKY1992bf 

Paramount+ gives you the option to sign in with partner across all its current regions. My assumption is that you can do exactly that to get logged in on another device.

@gavinscott82008  That's exactly what I'm hoping for, but won't know for sure until it launches in uk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by Plektrum This message was authored by: Plektrum

@rscott wrote:

@Annie+UK wrote:

I'd think that unlikely - it'd require Paramount+ content to be transcoded to the appropriate format and stored on Sky's servers. Unlikely to happen with new third party content . iPlayer is a little different as it's a PSB and that download service has been available for many years (although not all iPlayer content is available there).

I'd think it's more likely that Sky+HD users would be able to log into Paramount+ on other devices and watch that way. They just wouldn't be able to use the Sky+HD box itself for it.

I don't think you can discount it as a total impossibility - you could almost argue that Sky integrating it fully is little different to Paramount Plus being available on Prime Video Channels in the US so formatting/transcoding that content, while a stack of work in the run up, is entirely feasible and manageable on an ongoing basis given ViacomCBS already provide/upload content to the platform via Channel 5

Also one thing to note is that outside of the Sky markets, the Sky Showtime service is being built using the Peacock/Now platform so it's reasonable to think there is a lot of technical reciprocation in play already between the two entities in order maintain the content proposition in the other territories. 

Remains to be seen but I wouldnt be surprised if we'll hear more on or around VCBS' quarterly report on the 15th of this month -  I'm more inclined to think it will be an app rather than integrated but I can't imagine it's too long now. 

—————————————————————————————————————————————————
Still in search of a great signature! I’ll get there one day!
This message was authored by Burnsey85 This message was authored by: Burnsey85

You have to wonder why they can't just announce when this is being released. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion