Discussion topic: Paramount + is coming in 2022

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: When is paramount plus coming to sky q

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@San+shou wrote:

You're just got tune on a Sunday night at 9pm on this Pluto app.

You have three opportunities to watch Star Trek, Friday, Saturday and Sunday all at 9pm.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Ian283 This message was authored by: Ian283

For those wanting Star Trek discovery on demand you can purchase the whole series for 19.99 from apple or Amazon and watch on demand anytime you want. 
for those wanting to watch the likes of seal team and NCIS I think you're gonna have to wait until paramount plus is launched. 
my guess is possibly March as it was March in the US. And this is when Picard S2 is released. 

Ian1968
This message was authored by LGUser This message was authored by: LGUser

@Ian283 wrote:

For those wanting Star Trek discovery on demand you can purchase the whole series for 19.99 from apple or Amazon and watch on demand anytime you want. 
for those wanting to watch the likes of seal team and NCIS I think you're gonna have to wait until paramount plus is launched. 
my guess is possibly March as it was March in the US. And this is when Picard S2 is released. 

Picard is coming to Amazon Prime Video. NCIS is coming to Disney+. Seal Team is coming to Sky Max on Wednesday.

This message was authored by Ian283 This message was authored by: Ian283

Thanks for that info on seal team surprised at that as it is on paramount plus in US. 
NCIS was on fox but like picard is owned by CBS. 
so it's whoever buys the rights but as the new Hawaii one is out on cbs I see us having to wait for paramount. 
I don't think Picard season 2 will be on prime as cbs want paramount as the hub for all Star Trek including all the old series as well. So unless Amazon are gonna pay for the rights to stream it here I see it being on Paramount primarily. 

Ian1968

@Ian283 wrote:

Thanks for that info on seal team surprised at that as it is on paramount plus in US. 
NCIS was on fox but like picard is owned by CBS. 
so it's whoever buys the rights but as the new Hawaii one is out on cbs I see us having to wait for paramount. 
I don't think Picard season 2 will be on prime as cbs want paramount as the hub for all Star Trek including all the old series as well. So unless Amazon are gonna pay for the rights to stream it here I see it being on Paramount primarily. 

Yes, Picard S2 is going to be on Amazon Prime Video in the UK (I think March).

This message was authored by Dazza123456 This message was authored by: Dazza123456

The Amazon trailer for Picard s2 says it starts March 4TH.

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

:" So unless Amazon are gonna pay for the rights to stream it here I see it being on Paramount primarily. 

It seems likely they already held the rights to S2.

While New/Upcoming Showtime/Paramount+ Originals like Super Pumped, The First Lady , Three Women , Ripley, American Gigolo and The Man Who Fell To Earth  Halo , The Offer, Mayor Of Kingstown , 1883 , Lioness and Star Trek Strange New Worlds etc will be on Paramount+ in the UK along with Star Trek Discovery and probably Yellowstone aswell , existing ones like Evil and Yellowjackets premiering on Paramount+ i"d be less sure about it probably depends on the contract with ViacomCBS.

This message was authored by trevforum This message was authored by: trevforum

There will be residual contracts to play out then all Paramount/CBS shows will be absorbed back into the respective streaming services.

——————————————————-
Sky Stream, Sky Glass, Panasonic DX902, Pioneer LX-901 7.1.4
This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

A ViacomCBS exec said as much in this interview 

"Because we’re such a prolific studio we were selling shows [to others in Europe] not so long ago,” he added. “We won’t be able to get them back overnight but that’s a main global goal of ours.”

https://deadline.com/2021/10/paramount-sky-showtime-exec-calms-confusion-1234854514/

This message was authored by Rocketman2902 This message was authored by: Rocketman2902

Paramount plus

Will Paramount plus possibly available on skyQ boxes or sky glass? 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Paramount plus

@Rocketman2902 

https://www.skygroup.sky/article/viacomcbs-partners-with-sky-to-launch-paramount-in-europe 

Upon launch, Sky Cinema subscribers will get the bonus of Paramount+ included at no additional cost, providing access to two fantastic services side by side with more than 10,000 hours of extra content for one affordable price. As part of this partnership, Paramount Pictures’ feature films will remain available on Sky Cinema in the UK and will join Sky Cinema in Germany and Italy in 2022. All other Sky customers will be able to subscribe to Paramount+ as an add-on to their account.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Rocketman2902 

There is no known date for this to start at present.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by trevforum This message was authored by: trevforum

I wonder what the quality will be i.e. UHD/HDR and Dolby Atmos?  Hopefully if we get it through Sky we can use the app on other devices such as Apple TV like we can for Netflix through Sky.

——————————————————-
Sky Stream, Sky Glass, Panasonic DX902, Pioneer LX-901 7.1.4

@trevforum wrote:

I wonder what the quality will be i.e. UHD/HDR and Dolby Atmos?  Hopefully if we get it through Sky we can use the app on other devices such as Apple TV like we can for Netflix through Sky.

I'm hoping for an LG app and if not, an Amazon Firesitck app.

This message was authored by gavinscott82008 This message was authored by: gavinscott82008

@LGUser 

It's definitely got a Amazon app in Australia and the US.

My assumption is it will mirror the current supported devices from the US and other Paramount+ countries.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion