Discussion topic: No internet for 18 days

This message was authored by zito82 This message was authored by: zito82

No internet for 18 days

Hello,

I'm a new Sky customer, already highly disappointed.

On Dec 3rd my broadband got installed. Open reach engineer comes and stays home no more than 15 minutes. He goes like "1 hour and you have intenet". That hour is lasting 18 days. As of today I don't have yet internet as it seems that the fibre ports in the cabinet are faulty.

Every day I call Sky customer care they just read updates from open each. I'm being told they don't have a chance to escalate or to do any different action. They are at open reach mercy, fully.

I'm desperate. Any advice?

Thanks 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: No internet for 18 days

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@zito82  If there are no fibre ports then no ISP can magic them up, I'm afraid you will need to wait until one become available.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

zito82
Topic Author

Hello GD, thanks for your answers. Fibre port are available I live in central Fulham (London). It seems though that some ports in the cabinet are broken, hence mine cannot fit in. Open reach is trying to sort out issue but it's taking ages and I really need internet. 

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@zito82  Perhaps in the meantime you could look at 4G internet, there are some unlimited deals available if you shop around.  Also useful as a backup if the main broadband develops faults.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

zito82
Topic Author

I've tried it already and it's not sufficient for video calls (we are 2 of us working from home). I'm living in city center where everybody has broadband. They just have to replace a piece of plastic the port in the cabinet. What the hell...

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@zito82 

If you enter your full postal address in the wholesale database below and post the full table we can take a look

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
zito82
Topic Author

Hello @cookiemonsteruk 

please find the table

in the first attachment and the subsequent information in the second attachment.

I've hidden the full postcode for privacy reasons.

let me know if you need anything else and thanks in advance.

349917FF-28B7-4D88-A250-B6C8223B3570.jpeg

33A1484D-C098-4007-896A-018E593878B0.png

zito82
Topic Author

@cookiemonsteruk  it seems attachments are not visibile. Can you tell me if you're able to view both? Otherwise I'll try to resend. 

This message was authored by Skull+Treaty This message was authored by: Skull+Treaty

@zito82 

Those images need to be moderated - one of the Oracles will action this in due course. No need to repost them 

"Sometimes, the only choices you have are bad ones, but you still have to choose"
zito82
Topic Author

Hello @cookiemonsteruk happy new year! I wonder if anything has been doing in the last few weeks. I appreciate holiday period though. Please let me know if you have news.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@zito82 

Your screenshots show available capacity in the cabinet so not sure why your install would be blocked by faulty ports if there are others available.

I've flagged your post to Sky, look out for an email or message on the forum

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion