Discussion topic: Internet - Keeps going down for a couple of minutes at a time - several times a day

This message was authored by Perfectionists This message was authored by: Perfectionists

Internet - Keeps going down for a couple of minutes at a time - several times a day

Our internet keeps going down - we only noticed this about 3 weeks ago but it is now very annoying. We work from home so although it might only drop out for a couple of minutes at a time, anything you are working on crashes e.g. if you are on a teams call etc. 

I have done the usual tests on the app several times and this suggests everything is working but clearly it is not. I have also done a full reset on the router but this has also not helped.

Last time it happened, I watched the liqhts on the Sky Q hub - The power/wireless lights remained green but the middle internet light went out completely. After about 2 minutes, it then flashed orange, then completely orange and then back to green.

I have added stats from my router below. Any ideas how to resolve this?

Router Statistics
System Up Time: 97:58:24

Port Status TxPkts RxPkts Collision Pkts Tx b/s Rx b/s Up Time WAN MER 99029 349155 0 187711 9276831 00:22:46 LAN Down 0 0 0 0 0 00:00:00 WLAN (2.4 GHz) Up 9994029 3248215 0 877 0 97:56:46 WLAN (5 GHz) Up 68231605 31609580 0 9924331 0 97:56:18

Broadband Link Downstream Upstream Connection Speed (Kbps) 66998 19000 Line Attenuation (dB) DS1:8.6    DS2:17.2    DS3:25.5 US0:2.6    US1:12.4    US2:18.2 Noise Margin (dB) DS1:9.5    DS2:9.5    DS3:9.5 US0:11.8    US1:11.9    US2:11.8
Poll Interval:
Seconds (at least 3s): 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Internet - Keeps going down for a couple of minutes at a time - several times a day

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Perfectionists 

Your stats show the drop along with a raised noise margin which is limiting your speed due to the fault.

I've flagged your post to Sky, look out for an email or message on the forum

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Re: Internet - Keeps going down for a couple of minutes at a time - several times a day

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have now sent an invite to chat 🙂

This message was authored by dmy24 This message was authored by: dmy24

After speaking to the customer and running some tests we have raised this to Openreach and sent an engineer. Thank you for escalating 🙂

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion