Discussion topic: My experience with the new Sky Broadband Hub

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by chappy5485 This message was authored by: chappy5485

Re: My experience with the new Sky Broadband Hub

I just contacted sky as I have the sky superfast and sky broadband boost on my bill, but been told I can't get the new router as the package I have doesn't include WiFi guarantee only for parental controls? 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@chappy5485 wrote:

I just contacted sky as I have the sky superfast and sky broadband boost on my bill, but been told I can't get the new router as the package I have doesn't include WiFi guarantee only for parental controls? 

@chappy5485 Yes you would need to recontract and ask to have WiFi guaranteed added which I think will me a further 18 months contract

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Treble3 This message was authored by: Treble3

I was in the same position the sky buddy was part of my deal ,when I rang yesterday she told me nothing would change only the delivery charge, but I could see on my new bill a £5 charge I rang back they told me they couldn't remove it but they would send it of to marketing to get it sorted over the next 48 hours 

This message was authored by chappy5485 This message was authored by: chappy5485

@Laing1 wrote:

@chappy5485 wrote:

@chappy5485 Yes you would need to recontract and ask to have WiFi guaranteed added which I think will me a further 18 months contract

@Laing1  thank you for your speedy reply, I only recontracted 2 weeks ago that's why they added broadband boost, shame. 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@chappy5485 wrote:

@Laing1 wrote:

@chappy5485 wrote:

@Laing1  thank you for your speedy reply, I only recontracted 2 weeks ago that's why they added broadband boost, shame. 

@chappy5485 You should be able to recontractcagain to get the WiFi guaranteed added as well and get the new hub 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by adeharding This message was authored by: adeharding

Got Boost a couple of weeks ago when it was given to us for free for 18months. Just tried to "upgrade" to include WiFI gurantee and new hub and was told the discount would be scrapped because it is a new product and would have to pay the £5 per month. Turned it down.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@chappy5485 wrote:

You need to recontract for another 18 months to the newer Sky Superfast Boost with wifi guaranteed.

The wifi guaranteed is the new part added yesterday and only with the new router.

They will charge you £9.95 for the new router delivery, but I got that free. 

There was no problem recontracting and cost no more than it was before. 

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

@lettice wrote:

@chappy5485 wrote:

You need to recontract for another 18 months to the newer Sky Superfast Boost with wifi guaranteed.

The wifi guaranteed is the new part added yesterday and only with the new router.

They will charge you £9.95 for the new router delivery, but I got that free. 

There was no problem recontracting and cost no more than it was before. 

Check your bill for the added £5 see if it's there 

This message was authored by tarbat This message was authored by: tarbat

Tried re-contracting this morning, but told I would have to pay an extra £5 per month. I currently get free Boost as a Diamond VIP. So looks like Sky don’t value VIP status anymore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TARBAT's SETUP....................Sky Q 2tb v3
Panasonic 65” GZ1500 OLED TV : Yamaha YSP-2700 Soundbar (ARC) : BT Smart Hub 2 & FTTP 900 : BT Disc
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky Community Superuser. 25 Years Diamond VIP

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Treble3 wrote:

It is listed like this on my bill with the refund and a message in message centre says the same.

refund.gif

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

@Laing1 wrote:

@chappy5485 wrote:

@Laing1 wrote:

@chappy5485 wrote:

@chappy5485 You should be able to recontractcagain to get the WiFi guaranteed added as well and get the new hub 

Thank you, Decided to go on the online chat, just getting confirmation from them in regards to the router I'd get as they have mentioned a Q router which I already have. Wish things were more straightforward. Hopefully get there in the end

This message was authored by Carl+Gibbons This message was authored by: Carl+Gibbons

Hi

Do you have a link for the online chat..can't seem to find it.

Thanks

@lettice wrote:

@Treble3 wrote:

It is listed like this on my bill with the refund and a message in message centre says the same.

refund.gif

Hi I mean the broadband buddy thing

35C5BF50-48A0-4586-B7A1-97936A7F4E9A.png

@Carl+Gibbons wrote:

Hi

Do you have a link for the online chat..can't seem to find it.

Thanks

It was through the mysky app on my phone, its like online chat but a messaging type thing, so it could take them a while to respond to queries. 

I managed to get sorted, new hub on its way. Although I begrudgingly paid the £9.95 postage fee

So, I've just checked my order tracking on the website and it says this. ,(picture not showing yet, but states sky Q hub delivery) so does this mean I'll be getting another Q hub? Does anyone else who have ordered say the same.Screenshot_20190906_061116.jpg

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion