Discussion topic: My experience with the new Sky Broadband Hub

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by aberdeen19032012 This message was authored by: aberdeen19032012

Re: My experience with the new Sky Broadband Hub

@mikejcowleyAaaaa  how did you get on with the 2.4 wifi problem in the end. 

This message was authored by mikejcowleyAaaaa This message was authored by: mikejcowleyAaaaa

@aberdeen19032012 It’s a little too early to say yet, but situation seems better so far. 

This message was authored by Donfor This message was authored by: Donfor

Class setup @Sinth 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Donfor wrote:

Class setup @Sinth 

Beg to differ, stacking electronic kit is never recommended both for heat but also interference issues. Placing your wifi router under a solid piece of furniture is not sensible if you want good wifi distribution. Having it high on a shelf  away from things that will cause signal attenuation and definitely above things like radiators and furniture will give better results. The only redeeming thing is it is neat

.See https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/place-router-best-wi-fi-signal for ideas.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Sinth This message was authored by: Sinth

@Chrisee 

You fit the sky gear into your house, not base your house around it!

If there were any issues then would make radical changes but, heck.

SKY Q 2TB v2 in SCR mode (WiFi to hub)
SKY Fibre Ultrafast 1
Panasonic 50dx750b
Sonos Playbar - WiFi to Q box
This message was authored by br1xton This message was authored by: br1xton

My super fast broadband and new router go live today and I really do hope it's better than the talk talk router I had.....constantly dropping and the sky q was terrible in the bedroom constantly freezing and numerous network errors...

This message was authored by aberdeen19032012 This message was authored by: aberdeen19032012

keep us in loop re performance ! @br1xton 

This message was authored by Sarah-Webster This message was authored by: Sarah-Webster

Wow.  Well, I have the new Hub and I don't actually SOGEA and I am not on a trial for it.  I rang Sky to ask if they had any deals because my prices were rising again and I also wanted to add Sky TV to my package and they guy said that he would send me the new router.  I do use Voip anyway, but perhaps I might have to change to Vonage to get it all to work properly.

This message was authored by purpleparrotuk This message was authored by: purpleparrotuk

I've just taken out broadband boost today so I can get the new hub. Nowhere have I been asked to return the old hub. Is that strange?

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@purpleparrotuk wrote:

I've just taken out broadband boost today so I can get the new hub. Nowhere have I been asked to return the old hub. Is that strange?

@purpleparrotuk  what is your old hub and where and how did you get it.  

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by purpleparrotuk This message was authored by: purpleparrotuk

@Laing1  it's the sky q hub from sky. I have 2 of them now. I moved house and they said theydidn't need the old one back. 

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

@purpleparrotuk wrote:

@Laing1  it's the sky q hub from sky. I have 2 of them now. I moved house and they said theydidn't need the old one back. 

@purpleparrotuk Technically if you received a Q hub when you upgraded  to Sky Q Sky should request it back. If you got it when you took out broadband without Sky Q then it should be yours. To bew on the safe side i'd keep hold of onew just in case at a date in the future they decide they want it back

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by SamRyan This message was authored by: SamRyan

@Sinth 

Please Google WIRELESS INTERFERENCE and more importantly ELECTROMAGNETIC INTERFERENCE.

Your setup is poor and simply not good nevermind being optimal.

If you were to ever complain of wireless or Q connectivity issues everyone will tell you to move the equipment apart from each other including your DVD player (not only because the wireless access point but also that they're electrical).

Hi. I ordered the new hub yesterday. In August I was changed to the superfast package with boost from fibre max and recontracted because my special offer was ending.  I was getting boost for free. Now I am paying £5 per month for it and have paid the delivery charge. Should they be charging me the £5 per month since it was free since August?

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@purpleparrotuk when you want the wifi guarantee added Sky require you to enter a new contract which means unless Sky say specifically different special offers stop. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion