Discussion topic: My experience with the new Sky Broadband Hub

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by jay111111 This message was authored by: jay111111

Re: My experience with the new Sky Broadband Hub

Thanks for quick reply appreciate that

This message was authored by rodneyhchef This message was authored by: rodneyhchef

Is anyone using their new hub for VoIP? I cant get my VoIP working (Working from home business phone) on the ER115.

Have spent a few days looking into the issue and it seems to be due to the older sky hubs not having the right configuration for VoIP (ALG can't be disabled)

I called sky today about the new hub and the person I spoke to said they can't offer it to me yet but this may change starting next month and I should call back then

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@rodneyhchef wrote:

Is anyone using their new hub for VoIP? I cant get my VoIP working (Working from home business phone) on the ER115.

Have spent a few days looking into the issue and it seems to be due to the older sky hubs not having the right configuration for VoIP (ALG can't be disabled)

I called sky today about the new hub and the person I spoke to said they can't offer it to me yet but this may change starting next month and I should call back then

@rodneyhchef At present there are a number of customers on the SOGEA trial which uses VOIP. As in my review there is a dedicated socket for UK telephones. 

As I  am not part of that trial it was the only thing that couldn't be tested. So it is an unknown whether your VOIP will work or not

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by simon194 This message was authored by: simon194

@rodneyhchef wrote:

My ER110 works fine with VoIP (Sipgate). I just needed to forward a couple of ports and assign an static IP address to the VoIP kit.  If I configure the VoIP hardware to use Sipgate's STUN server I don't need to do any port forwarding.

@rodneyhchef the form of voip used for the SOGEA trial is different from your business usage it is simply a single line replacing the standard exchange line.

What kit sre you trying to configure? Sky only sell broadband connections for domestic use (its in the contract you agreed to) and their kit is heavily locked down if you need greater flexibility either buy a business connection or do it yourself. You can connect your own router to a Sky line but they will not give you any support. The range from Draytek seems well respected for business usage. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Tyl3r99 This message was authored by: Tyl3r99

You mentioned your line speed was 70mb so fibre unlimited but you haven't come anywhere close to it or am I missing something. 

An ethernet test you should have got at least 67

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Tyl3r99 wrote:

You mentioned your line speed was 70mb so fibre unlimited but you haven't come anywhere close to it or am I missing something. 

Not sure who you're replying to @Tyl3r99 Best use the Quote button if you're replying to a particular post.

@Mark39 wrote:

@Tyl3r99 wrote:

Not sure who you're replying to @Tyl3r99 Best use the Quote button if you're replying to a particular post.

Sorry was replying to original post regarding speeds 

This message was authored by sanevictor This message was authored by: sanevictor

any news on when the new hub will become available?

This message was authored by rodneyhchef This message was authored by: rodneyhchef

Draytek....thanks I’ll have a look

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@sanevictor wrote:

any news on when the new hub will become available?

Soon apparently which is normally within a few weeks. Suspect it is linked to a launch of some kind which is why Sky are being cagey. 

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

I asked them about pre ordering it and they were stuttering on the phone first she said yeah we have got a new hub coming out then all of a sudden "let me speak to my supervisor" then I got told. Sorry we dont know of any new routers 

Haha woopsie sky let it slip 

@Tyl3r99 If you read back in this thread you will see a ppst from Sky about the new hub and they are aware of this thread after all they provided the hubs to the three of us who are using them. Smiley Happy.

Customer Services should never comment prior to a launch but this has taken sooooo long not suprised the rep gave you the wrong impression. Dont waste time calling them  until the product is launched which will be posted as soon as it is confirmed.

Thank you good sir. Could you possibly post here if you receive any more news regarding release. 

Thank you 

Tyler 

Sure @Tyl3r99 I am sure one of the Oracles will post as soon as we know something firm.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion