Discussion topic: My experience with the new Sky Broadband Hub

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Tyl3r99 This message was authored by: Tyl3r99

Re: My experience with the new Sky Broadband Hub

@tarbat wrote:

@Chrisee wrote:

@BirrBoy you can't jointhe testing as that phase is complete but the launch is thought to be very soon.

Today. Press release says:

The next-generation Sky Hub

• Customers who upgrade to the Sky Broadband Boost service will receive a brand-new Sky Broadband Hub, designed with the latest generation of ultrafast technology[3] in mind, and built to address households’ ever-increasing connectivity needs.
  • The new Sky Broadband Hub offers Sky’s most reliable home broadband service to date. Users can check their own speeds and connected devices online or through the My Sky app
  • With a streamlined design, the Sky Broadband Hub features eight antennas that provide better WiFi coverage across different rooms and multiple floors.

Will those of us already on the Boost package automatically receive the new hub?

Can you post the link to the press release? 

Looks like it's being released imminently. I literally just got super fast and boost... so hopefully I get this new router maybe I have to ask for it as soon as its live 

This message was authored by tarbat This message was authored by: tarbat

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

it was an email from Sky's press office. Also at https://www.skygroup.sky/corporate/media-centre/articles/en-gb/WiFi-in-every-room-or-your-money-back...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TARBAT's SETUP....................Sky Q 2tb v3
Panasonic 65” GZ1500 OLED TV : Yamaha YSP-2700 Soundbar (ARC) : BT Smart Hub 2 & FTTP 900 : BT Disc
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sky Community Superuser. 25 Years Diamond VIP

Article says 6th Sept that package launches so fingers crossed 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@Tyl3r99 Already been asked and the advice is that to get the wifi guarantee customers will have to re-contract but there should be no issue for you to do that just extends the period by a few weeks.  

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

@Chrisee wrote:

@Tyl3r99 Already been asked and the advice is that to get the wifi guarantee customers will have to re-contract but there should be no issue for you to do that just extends the period by a few weeks.  

Yep I literally got my home move order done yesterday Haha 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@tarbat wrote:

@Chrisee wrote:

@BirrBoy you can't jointhe testing as that phase is complete but the launch is thought to be very soon.

Today. Press release says:

The next-generation Sky Hub

• Customers who upgrade to the Sky Broadband Boost service will receive a brand-new Sky Broadband Hub, designed with the latest generation of ultrafast technology[3] in mind, and built to address households’ ever-increasing connectivity needs.
  • The new Sky Broadband Hub offers Sky’s most reliable home broadband service to date. Users can check their own speeds and connected devices online or through the My Sky app
  • With a streamlined design, the Sky Broadband Hub features eight antennas that provide better WiFi coverage across different rooms and multiple floors.

Will those of us already on the Boost package automatically receive the new hub?

Oooh, nice find.

Would hope we do.

Would seem very unfair for us that have put ourselves into an 18month contract for Boost already and helped to iron out the initial buddy problems with it should be left behind.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

@tarbat wrote:

@Chrisee wrote:

says:Will those of us already on the Boost package automatically receive the new hub?

Answer is apparently no you will need to recontract again to get the Wifi Guarantee and  the new hub. Launch is tomorrow on 6th September.

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by tarbat This message was authored by: tarbat

@Chrisee wrote:

Answer is apparently no you will need to recontract again to get the Wifi Gaurantee and  the new hub. Launch is tommorow on 6th September.

What? Although I guess this is Sky's normal approach to it's existing customers 😞  I won't be re-contracting until I know whether Sky are likely to launch FTTP within the next month. I can't afford to tie myself into a new contract without the availability of FTTP.

TARBAT's SETUP....................Sky Q 2tb v3
Panasonic 65” GZ1500 OLED TV : Yamaha YSP-2700 Soundbar (ARC) : BT Smart Hub 2 & FTTP 900 : BT Disc
Sky Community Superuser. 25 Years Diamond VIP

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Chrisee wrote:

@tarbat wrote:

Answer is apparently no you will need to recontract again to get the Wifi Guarantee and  the new hub. Launch is tomorrow on 6th September.

Tomorrow is the 5th, Friday is the 6th.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser. What is a Superuser? Click here to find out
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

@lettice you are of course correct ahead of myself there.

This message was authored by Martyn4 This message was authored by: Martyn4

I thought I would ring up and just see if they know anything about it but the still seem to be clueless about it so will ring again on Friday

Hi @Martyn4  point them to https://www.sky.com/help/articles/broadband-boost think the rep you spoke to hadn't read their updates.

This message was authored by Martyn4 This message was authored by: Martyn4

Ok sorted new router on its way £9:95 del 

@Martyn4 what are they charging you for the boost is the offer price of £2.50 /mth or the full £5.00? 

Wait all I'm getting from them is. Register your interest and we will be in touch. 

Not giving out a date or anything. 

Even when I send them the link of the article 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion