Discussion topic: Magic eye suddenly not working

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by dffjf This message was authored by: dffjf

Re: Magic eye suddenly not working

just wanted to add I have a seoncd IO link box and I have just plugged it in and have the same issue so it looks like somethign is failing or needs resetting inside the Sky box, also to note we dont watch the pictures via the aerial we use hdmi and an hdmi splitter to wactch all in hd we just use the areial lead to turn over the channels.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@dffjf wrote:

Thansk Mark - all the magic eyes have the lights on which i presume mean that they are getting power and therefore there is a connection back to the Sky box?

I would guess the magic eyes are getting their power supply from the amplified splitter. An IO 

Link is designed to power a single magic eye only.

Hi Mark - I have an io link that has an additional power source that is desigend for th epuprose of supplying multiple magic eyes as I thought that was the issue, howveer at present nothing works on the magic eye front! Bear in mind that all this has been working for 4-5 years maybe more it is only since they launched Sky q that we have started getting issues - maybe a cynic would say they are trying to get eveyone onto Q but that wouldnt work for me on many fronts as we hav 3 multi room boxes in other rooms as well as 4 TV's fed from the main box! We also have an IO and multi room link off one fo the multioroom boxes! Is anyone aware of a rmeote Ir solution rather than using this from Sky?

Ok did some digging last night and also ventured up into the loft this morning. The first thing is that i used a magic eye and have proved the link works ok on th eputput from the I/O device on th eback of the sky box so the sky box is ok. I then went into the loft and porved that there was a 'live' coming from the sky connection to the loft amplifer (I used the TV link and the light came one when connected to the coax from the sky box, so we are live to the loft, I was alone so unable to try and change channels. I have now ordered a replacment distribution box for the loft the old one was a TVlink F280 but only 8 ways were used, so I found a Labgear LDU608G on Amazon so I can try this when ti arrives and if it doesnt fix it I can return it!

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion