Discussion topic: Magic eye suddenly not working

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by nottechno This message was authored by: nottechno

Re: Magic eye suddenly not working

ok, well please tell me why mine when has been looked at by a sky engineer agrees with this that does not work fluently, when swapped with a newer box does😂

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Impossible to say @nottechno with such scant detail, but it's not relevant anyway. I do know that it has nothing to do with a software update.

This message was authored by RMcG+5857 This message was authored by: RMcG+5857

Thanks for help.

I don't think my issue is to do with Sky box.

I tried couple things, the remote is working perfect with sky box. I pulled out amplifier completely so just connected main tv to the IO link, picture worked but no red led light or not working for changing channels either. I then disconnected IO link from sky box, turned off and back on the rf out put. Then powered of and reconnected IO link then repowered it up. The main tv is working and can change channel. So issue must be with powered amplifier or with cable connections not letting power through somewhere. I just can't figure why the both eyes went at once? 

I had that, which is why we went fully back to basic then fully re installation one box, one tv, one link at a time, with a qualified electrician and the sky engineer, was working fine, then three viewings later, stopped, re booting sometimes helped but sometimes it doesnt, weve just swapped the boxes (at skys advice) over and touch wood is working fine - the annex - is not - on the slave tv (bedroom) lounge where box is connected is.  Really hope yours is workig, but if not, my suggestion is ask sky for a refurbished box (they dont make new ones now) 

This message was authored by RMcG+5857 This message was authored by: RMcG+5857

Ye the main telly is working perfect. Haven't tried the 2nd telly with amplifier/splitter yet. Will have to try over next day or two. If it's not then I will look into sky box. Thanks for help 

This message was authored by Porter85 This message was authored by: Porter85

Same problem with mine tonight, would love to know the outcome of this. Thanks 

@Porter85 if you can give us some detail about the problem you're having, and can describe your setup for us, someone here will be happy to help.

This message was authored by Porter85 This message was authored by: Porter85

Hi Mark, thanks for reply. Spent a bit of time doing a bit of fault finding. Had everything unplugged, stripped back and checked connections. Must have been something loose somewhere as I’m back up fully functional. Think the wife knocked something when dusting!!

This message was authored by Bean51 This message was authored by: Bean51

Re: Magic eye Not working

The problem I have is with my second tv controlled by a magic eye linking back to the sky box via an aerial cable. The main tv and remote work perfectly but the second tv remote only works occasionally. Both tv’s are identical so have used both remotes on both tv’s to no avail. The light is stable on the magic eye and new batteries have been installed. RF output is on and I/O connected to an RF replicator. Have exhausted all avenues so any help appreciated.

Re: Magic eye Not working

@Bean51 can you clarify what you mean by an RF replicator? What is the make and model of it? Is there just the one TV connected to your IO Link?

This message was authored by IrfanM This message was authored by: IrfanM

Hi All

I dont know if this thread is still running but we are having issues with our magic eyes and would like some advice:

Our set up is as follows:

- Sky+HD box from which we have the RF2 output going into a small SLx amplifier. 

- The SLx amplifier then has 2 outputs - one to a magic eye to the TV above the skybox (our Skybox is in a cupboard) and an output to another amplifier in the loft that takes the signal to 2 other rooms in the house. 

- One of those rooms (bedroom) is working fine with no issues with magic eye and sky.  However in another room (extension) the magic eye light has been flickering on and off over the last couple of months, and now does not work altogether (was working well for 5 years before this).

- When the magic eye light flicked off, I would disconnect from the TV and connect again which sometimes fixed the issue, however really inconsistent.

- I have replaced the magic eye in the extension, same issue of flickering on and off and now not working altogether.

The issue can't be the magic eyes as have tested they all work by plugging into the box.  Issue could be the amps - maybe something has gone wrong with them, but doesn't explain why 2 magic eyes work and not the 3rd.  Could be the cabling, but again would not explain why it worked sometimes and other times it didnt, and now not at all.Does anyone have any ideas on what it might be? 

Happy to provide more detail if needed.

Thanks

In my experience its purely the boxes, as theyre old, they no longer make these so its a refurb or just reboot (sometimes it takes several times), I have spoken at great lenght with sky and had an engineer look at the wiring on our syste, and it all comes down to the box.  We cannot have sky Q as it doesnt work with the sie or type of our property 

This message was authored by IrfanM This message was authored by: IrfanM

Seemed to have fixed it!  Problem was with the coaxial cable between the magic eye and the wall socket - for some reason is faulty (maybe internal break) that meant when it was slightly moved the light would flicker on and off.  For those of you with intermittent magic eye problems, best to check the cables where they are not embedded in the walls. 

Glad you've found the problem @IrfanM. It's usually cabling or more frequently poorly fitted connectors that cause problems with magic eyes.

This message was authored by Bert64 This message was authored by: Bert64

Morning, i changed the plugs, took a inch off the cable,  bought a new Magic eye but it still dont work

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion