Discussion topic: Magic eye suddenly not working

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Sawyers75 This message was authored by: Sawyers75

Re: Magic eye suddenly not working

I tried the input directly to one output and it worked, but when I attached it to the old splitter on its own it didn't work, I tried it in different ports to make sure as well.

Thanks for the info on the new splitter I'll try tomorrow to get one the other way around. 👍🏻

This message was authored by A+Jacques This message was authored by: A+Jacques

Hi,

I had the issue where 2x magic eyes where not working which resulted in me going crazy trying to find the issue when nothing changed.

During trial and error i discovered that i had broke the connector in 1 magic eye and this affected the other one.

Hope this helps...

This message was authored by nottechno This message was authored by: nottechno

mine too, proffesional fitted distribution box, we have done nothing apart from the recent sky upgrade, rang sky, they said they couldnt answer my question as they dont support tlink now, I cant have sky q as it only supports 3 mini boxes and was told each tv has to have a lan cable

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@nottechno we'll need some detail to be able to try to help. How many TVs supported by your distributor? Do you have picture and sound on all of the TVs? Power LEDs lit on all the magic eyes? All not working or just some? What is the make and model of the distributor? Are you using and IO Link, or does your Sky box have RF sockets on the rear panel?

We have 6 tvs working off one distribution box, all were working fine untill the sky box upgrade on Friday 8th Nov, we can view but not use the remotes, we hve . seperate box in our annex and that is tthe same so ita obviously to do with the sky ugrade, but they cnt help, just try to sell me sky q which i would love but cannot have lan cables fitted everywhere

It has nothing to do with the software upgrade which made no changes to RF output capability. Hard to know what the issue might be without the details I asked for. One thing you could check, and which might be relevant, is that RF Output Power is still turned on in your Sky box settings. Occasionally a software upgrade can turn it off. You can find the setting in the Installer Menu, accessed by keying Services,0,0,1,Select.

Already checked that from reading earlier, even turned it on and off, what was weird is we were out all day yesterday, when we got back the box had obviously turned itsef off (standby), they were all then working last night, this morning after again the box had turned itself off (standby) were not working, ive been in the loft, took the cables out, shortened and put back in, done the same at the main bbox output, its not great, like i said earlier, the box is old, but cannot have lan cables put into the walls for sky Q, we have a very good wifi in the proerty, but sky support would have to have lan cables for each tv?? I am thinking after 20 years of going to BT

Happy to help, but need the answers to the questions I raised previously, in order to narrow down the possibilities. In terms of Sky Q, you probably already know that you can have a maximum of 4 Mini boxes, of which 2 can be used concurrently, together with 1 main box. Usually they connect over wifi and unless there are insurmountable wifi issues within your home, no LAN cabling is required to connect them.

Interesting what youve just said as we ordered sky q when it launched in august 2016 - as the hd+ boxes have always been problematic, I think were on our 6th, the engineer came, didnt walk through the door, he asked on the doorstep, do you have a lan to each tv, and you can onky have max 2 mini boxes,  to which I said no, he then aborted the call out, and we were refunded.  On the telephone call with sky support yesterday, he said 3 mini and one main box, I aske dif we could continue with sky hd+ in the annex as it has a seperate dish, he said no, all the tvs would need connecting via lan and we could only have 4 in total working tvs with sky q, I told him we had smart tvs and whole house wifi that was running our heating, lighting etc, and he was insisiting after reading the aug 2016 comments that all would need lan.  I may call tomorrow and just simply cancel and go to BT as sky are contradicting themselves

This message was authored by RMcG+5857 This message was authored by: RMcG+5857

Hi,

I have issue with magic eyes not working. They just stopped all of a sudden, was perfect then out of no where just stopped. Only thing was the power flicked off for second or two with storm and maybe that caused something? Have eyes in 2 rooms. We have a sky plus box, has an IO link. Through a powered amplifier then signal is split to main tv & bedroom tv. Can see both pictures perfect but can't change the channel. The red led lights are both on,  the one on main tv does flick on & off but it does stay on, It used to give us the odd issue of light goong off & on but once back on it would work. Not sure if it's io link issue or amplifier issue or something else? Any help would be appreciated 

The issue is with the box, we got ours to work by rbooting and worked fine, then stopped again, without doig anything it stopped and again statred working gain, all the set up of the box is correct the whole hard wire systems was tested (at our expense) we have two boxes and i swapped them over and is working, however this was only yesterday so as before could be working for a coupe of days then just stop.  When i contavted sky they said its othing to do with them, they were blaming our cables, which its obviously not.  My next step mis to ask for a replacement box, if that doest ork, were off to BT 

@RMcG+5857 probably best to do some troubleshooting to narrow down the possibilities.

First thoroughly cover up the front panel of your Sky box and check that the box no longer responds to the remote, when it's pointed directly at it. 

Next  at the IO Link, unplug the connection to the amp and  instead plug in the bedroom magic eye (the one that doesn't flicker). Check that the power LED on the magic eye is lit. Then point your remote at the magic eye and see if the box responds. If it does, you'll know that your Sky box, the IO Link and tnat magic eye are all ok. Check the other magic eye in the same way, while you're there.

Let us know how you get on- there  may be some more troubleshooting you can do, depending on the results thus far.

This does not work, the issue is with the box due to the software updates, a little like old apple products not supporting newer IOS, hence why, several times during the day it works, then even mid viewing" does not

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@nottechno wrote:

This does not work, the issue is with the box due to the software updates, a little like old apple products not supporting newer IOS, hence why, several times during the day it works, then even mid viewing" does not

There is nothing in any of the software updates related to magic eye functionality

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent )

@nottechno wrote:

No, you're just wrong. It has nothing to do with a software update. There has been NO software update which affects the RF output.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion