Discussion topic: Low download speed

This message was authored by Welshlee82 This message was authored by: Welshlee82

Low download speed

Hi everyone.

I have been getting g low download speed when running speed tests.

When my fibre was activated I was getting over 70mbps constantly, now I struggle to get over 40mbps even when using a cable and there is 80mbps coming into the property.

I understand that WiFi will lose around 15% but not that much for a hard wired connection.

Sky say that's more or less normal!.

Has anyone had issues like this and if so,was it fixed?

Cheers all

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Low download speed

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Welshlee82  For the forum to help please post your router stats https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

@Welshlee82  For the forum to help please post your router stats https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Welshlee82
Topic Author
This message was authored by Welshlee82 This message was authored by: Welshlee82

Sorry,I'm new to the forum

20220220_131922.jpg

20220220_131721.jpg

 this result is via cable

Welshlee82
Topic Author

Sorry that photo wasn't good

Screenshot_20220220-132912_Samsung Internet.jpg

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@Welshlee82 

Are you sure the device is connected to ethernet and not falling back to a WiFi connection? Also make sure all other devices are disconnected when you run the test. Your ping looks a bit higher than it should be

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by okaydan This message was authored by: okaydan

Welcome to SKY, Same thing is happening to me..

Welshlee82
Topic Author

@jamesn123 thank for the reply.

Yes,100% cabled connection,All other WiFi devices are turned off while running the test

This message was authored by okaydan This message was authored by: okaydan

@Welshlee82 Currently having the same issue, Was at 70mbps+ for a good 6-12 months and then out of the blue my internet dropped, Had a engineer who confirmed no fault or issues on my end & have been sent TWO routers. My line attuenation stats prove that something is going on but sky give zero crap about the issue.

Welshlee82
Topic Author

@okaydan same here.had an engineer out yesterday (advisor never mentioned a £15 charge on my account)he said everything is working as it should,swapped my router thats just over 2 months old.

Spoke to another technical advisor today and they basically said the same,just to try different channels,don't know why as the WiFi connection isn't at fault 

Welshlee82
Topic Author

Just spoke to another tech advisor on the phone,he had no idea what is causing the low speed and the issue cannot be escalated further.

Can't work out why I've got 80mbps into the house yet averaging 20mbps and lower via WiFi and ethernet on different devices.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion