Discussion topic: Just getting “ please waiting for your program to load”

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Dazzar51
Topic Author
This message was authored by Dazzar51 This message was authored by: Dazzar51

Re: Just getting “ please waiting for your program to load”

Sky state it's a playlist issue , and they will be looking into it , 

Sky Glass 55 and x3 Pucks and become very irritated by sky glass
Download 900 upload 300 so don’t blame my internet .
This message was authored by np5ah This message was authored by: np5ah

Ah, i've just cancelled my subscription!

Just spoke to someone else today and he basically said it's a buffering problem, so must be an issue between my device and my router. I know this is not the case of course, but he didn't seem willing to escalate any further.

Maybe if the problem resolves for you i might sign up again - i was told to just keep the pucks, so that is an option for the future.

This message was authored by victoriacl This message was authored by: victoriacl

Re: "Wait for programme to load"

Hi,

I have 1gbp/s fibre with a Wifi 6 compatible router. I can place my phone next to the TV and speed test around 600mbp/s with a minimal latency and packet loss/jitter. Even at peak times, it remains consistant. The connection is perfectly stable on all other wireless devices, and I can turn off every wireless device in the house and still have issues with Sky Glass showing "waiting to load" consistantly.

it also doesn't happen on any apps such as Netflix, Disney+ or others - only when live streaming tv channels.

Thanks

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

As we said glass is much more sensitive to WiFi consistency than other WiFi devices - to eliminate WiFi as the issue can you hardwire to your router and check if this makes a difference 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. Gibson les paul tribute. Gibson les paul junior. Fender telecaster. Epiphone billie joe .. rock on
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@victoriacl  I have mine hardwired on a 550mb connection (previously on 54mb) and even on  the slower speed never had those kind of issues.    I would look to using ethernet if at all possible ethernet is much more robust.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Dazzar51
Topic Author

@np5ah  It is not a buffering issue as my BT that it works on runs around 6mbps down  and 800k upload and it worked on that......

Dazzar51
Topic Author

Just to confirm my problem with this, internet is around 400mbps down and 20 up ping 24 jitter 3 , everything was working fine until a week ago, the issue for me is only from the playlist everything else works, strangely it's only current series that has the problem, I.e series one will run, series two will not......., I have tried wifi 6 connection to the router wifi , and hardwired and through power line nothing made it work, mesh tri band system used, backhaul wireless and hard wired through powerline still nothing, changed this from bridge to DHCP and it worked for a few days then stopped again, changed from the fast system to BTs rubbish slow one of 6mbps and it worked, so thought it was the Three internet I used, but turns out it is not, MTU changed to see if it was this not, so called Sky, they state it is an issue with the playlist , other people used Virgin and others so appears not isp linked . Waiting for Sky, but as you know might hear back in 2023.

This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

@Dazzar51 

Yeah that definetely does sound like a playlist and sky back end problem and not something wrong with your internet interesting that you use Three as your main internet source though. 

I must admit i was surprised how much of a difference converting my Stream Puck from WiFi to Ethernet made though.

Yeah, this was exactly the same for me.

The last guy I spoke was, to be honest, quite patronising and not even willing to consider that the issue was on sky's side... This was what caused me to just cancel

This message was authored by CardiffMan1992 This message was authored by: CardiffMan1992

@np5ah 

Sorry to hear that it does suck when you seem to get stuck with someone with a script in front of them and you can't get through to someone who is willing to listen not just Sky but anything really i've experienced it from my Electrical Company to my Doctors lol.

@CardiffMan1992  to be fair, the 2 ladies I also spoke to along the way we're very nice and wanted to help.

I understand it's a new product and they won't have all the answers... I just kind of assumed there would be 'another level' of more technical help, rather than just being dismissed.

When I said I may as well just cancel, he replied with something like 'well, this streaming is is a bit different and not for everyone' (I cut the cord and have been streaming only for about 4 or 5 years now 🤣).

@np5ah 

glad to hear the 2 ladies originally wanted to help you and while Sky stream is new the underlying part has been out for over a year

Yeah streaming is defo the future for TV I think just look at music I can't remember the last time I brought a CD. I do still buy vinyl but I know I'm odd but I mostly use Apple Music. TV is defo going the same way Disney Plus opened the flood gates truly for me seeing all the old shows on catch up. 

Dazzar51
Topic Author

@CardiffMan1992  Have to use Three 5g or stick to BTs guaranteed 2mbps which barely runs an led bulb with that much power and BT refuse to upgrade the lines, and at £20 a month for unlimited not too pricey 

@Dazzar51 

Have you tried to get an upgrade over the USO? As you are below the 10MBps limit? or does the fact you can get wireless cancel that out?

Dazzar51
Topic Author

@CardiffMan1992 , the bt  speed is not the issue and you are right the fact I can get 5g cancels that out.... 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion