Discussion topic: Just getting “ please waiting for your program to load”

This message was authored by Dazzar51 This message was authored by: Dazzar51

Just getting “ please waiting for your program to load”

As the title I just keep getting please waiti for your program to load then a blue screen, internet is fine 400mbps down load, nextflix , prime etc running fine but sky just a blue screen

Sky Glass 55 and x3 Pucks and become very irritated by sky glass
Download 900 upload 300 so don’t blame my internet .

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee Answer

Re: Just getting “ please waiting for your program to load”

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

To update people joining the thread which is getting quite long. Sky have acknowledged there is an issue this post. It seems to mainly affect Three's customers but at least one other mobile operator could be affected but I was not given a name.

The cause is most likely to be a change in how Three's network is routing requests to Sky's servers. The fact that VPNs avoid the issue supports that theory. However using a VPN is a work round not a solution.

This is not the first time I have seen issues between Sky's systems and specific ISPs network set ups and in the past we have been told that there are technical liaison channels between companies where this type of thing is sorted. Customer Service reps at Sky or Three will not be briefed on what is going on so you may get reps personal theories but this thread is likely to be the best source of serious info.

The speed Sky replied to my query in the closed Superuser forum shows it is being taken seriously by the right people 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Jabez1 This message was authored by: Jabez1

Waiting for program to load

My sky glass tv keeps saying wait for program to load... but it never does this has been going on consistently for 3 days now... I'm totally fed up

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Waiting for program to load

@Jabez1 reboot your Glass TV by switching it off at the plug for a minute if that doesnt resolve the issue call Sky and report the problem. 

65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by victoriacl This message was authored by: victoriacl

"Wait for programme to load"

Hi,

We have had our 65" Sky Glass for around 2 months now. However we are constantly having an issue, particularly on an evening, where live TV freezes an displays "Wait for programme to load". We then have to change channels and change back to normall get the channel streaming again.

We have 1GBPS fibre, speed testing at approx 950mbp/s including at prime time with all other devices working absolutely fine. It is only our Sky Glass live stream that is ever impacted, and actually all other apps like Netflix for example work fine when we are experiencing live TV issues.

Anyone keep experiencing the same? It's really frustrating.

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

Re: "Wait for programme to load"

How is your tv connected ?

using ethernet directly to the router or powerline adapters and switching off the WiFi on glass can greatly improve stability 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. Gibson les paul tribute. Gibson les paul junior. Fender telecaster. Epiphone billie joe .. rock on
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: "Wait for programme to load"

@victoriacl the speed you router receives is irrelevant once it is above the speed the 25Mb/s your Glass TV requires it is the bandwidth of the data feed from the router to the Glass TV thst is critical. Wifi signals vary greatly around your home and in many houses the wifi router your ISP bundled with your connection is not up to the job of providing sufficent wifi signal to stream video. There is also an issue with interference from your neighbours' networks and your own electrical kit.

Loads of possible solutions but if possible an ethernet cable from the router to the TV is the best and often the cheapest.

Dazzar51
Topic Author

It's just on sky content , bbc I player, prime, nextflix all work fine 

Is it on WiFi or hardwired 

43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. Gibson les paul tribute. Gibson les paul junior. Fender telecaster. Epiphone billie joe .. rock on
Dazzar51
Topic Author

@Jporch316 

Mesh wifi

Dazzar51
Topic Author

Also it was fine until yesterday 

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Dazzar51 I would suggest a reboot of everything, unless you have doen so already.

This message was authored by np5ah This message was authored by: np5ah

I'm getting the same... 3 new pucks, all work fine for live tv & other apps, but any 'sky' on demand content just either buffers or refuses to load with the 'wait for your program to load' message

Not a great first impression to be honest... could be sending it all back!

That sounds like WiFi signal issues 

try hardwiring one of them to check that's not the issue 

glass and picks are sensitive to WiFi fluctuations- more so than any other streaming device. Speed of WiFi is not important - consistency of signal is 

This message was authored by np5ah This message was authored by: np5ah

I have one hardwired, the other 2 WiFi; all stream 4k from other apps (Disney+, Amazon etc) instantly, and in also have no problem with the live TV streams (via EPG).

It's purely the sky on demand stuff that is the issue.

I'm going to have to try phoning I think, but not looking forward to fighting my way through the phone system!

If you have MySky app there's a number under the vip section down the bottom that seems fairly quick to be answered 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion