Discussion topic: Internet Outage

This message was authored by Debsy49 This message was authored by: Debsy49

Internet Outage

During outage due to storm Eunice we have been without internet via our broadband for 8 days. I have been using 4G but this has used 7gb of my Sky piggy bank saved data. Sky gave me 2GB but what about the rest and what about some compensation for those trying to work from home. Service was restored last night thankfully

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Re: Internet Outage

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @Debsy49  give sky a call on 150 and discuss it with them, this is mainly a customer to customer forum with no account access. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Debsy49  Sky don't compensate for loss of service due to working from home, you are using a domestic broadband service.  This does not give you any higher priority or compensation levels.

If the outage was due to weather then you may not even be entitled to any compensation at all.

If working from home is important then either pay for  abusiness line which costs more or ensure you have an adequate 4G backup it your own expense.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Debsy49
Topic Author
This message was authored by Debsy49 This message was authored by: Debsy49

The man I spoke to during the outage said we would be compensated. I love the stance people take of. "Tough. You should have enough data". Typical of todays world

This message was authored by TechmanagerMal This message was authored by: TechmanagerMal

@Debsy49 wrote:

During outage due to storm Eunice we have been without internet via our broadband for 8 days. I have been using 4G but this has used 7gb of my Sky piggy bank saved data. Sky gave me 2GB but what about the rest and what about some compensation for those trying to work from home. Service was restored last night thankfully

Passing on the tips I have learned in over 24 years as a more than satisfied Sky customer.

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Debsy49When you spoke to Sky did they book an engineer to deal with your broadband outage?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@Highlinder 

Anyone know if the storms have been declared circumstances beyond our reasonable control and wouldn't that be the main escape clause

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@cookiemonsterukI have not heard anything about that being given as an excuse as a get of jail free card.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion