Discussion topic: ITV hub not downloading Series 3 of the Bay on Sky q, it says not available

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

Re: ITV hub not downloading Series 3 of the Bay on Sky q, it says not available

@MadisonBelle wrote:

Just looked and yes I could but at £3.99 a month.  I am not going to keep paying extra for stuff it's getting silly isn't it.  I will just wait and watch.

ITV Hub is free on Amazon Firestick and all other streaming platforms. 

You only have to pay if you want to get rid of the adverts. 

This message was authored by soo+clark This message was authored by: soo+clark

Exactly!! 

This message was authored by MadisonBelle This message was authored by: MadisonBelle

This was coming up as itv hub+ though which isn't free. I can't see itv hub on prime

JSG
This message was authored by LGUser This message was authored by: LGUser

@MadisonBelle wrote:

This was coming up as itv hub+ though which isn't free. I can't see itv hub on prime

You can watch it on your computer. You can watch it on your TV if your TV has the ITV Hub.

@MadisonBelle wrote:

Not on Prime. On an Amazon Firestick - a separate, very handy streaming device.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@Chloe-W22 this link from itv website says itv hub is on sky Q but it's not so when will it be added thanks 

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/itv-and-sky-agree-new-and-improved-long-term-commerci...

This message was authored by Grilly This message was authored by: Grilly

as has been pointed numerous times on this long thread... Sky do not decide what is on the ITV player, that is down to ITV...

Its available on the app on TV's etc. but ITV have decided not to make it available on the ITV Hub on Sky Q.

SkyQ HDR 2TB box
Sky Customer since 1990
This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chloe-W22 this link from itv website says itv hub is on sky Q but it's not so when will it be added thanks 

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-releases/itv-and-sky-agree-new-and-improved-long-term-commercial-partnership

Quoting from that link:

The current integrated ITV Hub service on Sky+ and Sky Q will be supplemented with the launch of the ITV Hub app on Sky Q during 2022. 

The  current integrated ITV Hub service is not the full content that is available on the ITV app

Unfortunatley we don't have a timescale for the launch of the app on SKY Q

I have to admit, as that announcement was a while ago now, one would have hoped that we would have seen more content being to released to SKY even before the launch of the app 

This message was authored by seandrews This message was authored by: seandrews

Will Sky be giving us the advert free ITV+
like we currently have in download form which is brilliant.

likewise with the launch of All4 or All4+

or do we have to suffer the All4 ads for longer. 

id just like downloadable ad free content from ITV via ITV Hub+, Ch4 via All4+
& Ch5 via My5.

the latter 2 are highly unlikely I realise but a continued service from ITV in the same manner as now would be good although I'm disappointed with the lack of content that seems to be exclusively for other versions of ITV Hub.!!!

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

@seandrews https://www.channel4.com/press/news/channel-4-and-sky-expand-long-term-partnership

all 4 app is also coming to sky Q this year but not heard anything about channel 5 or my5 yet 

@seandrews wrote:

Will Sky be giving us the advert free ITV+
like we currently have in download form which is brilliant.

likewise with the launch of All4 or All4+

or do we have to suffer the All4 ads for longer. 

id just like downloadable ad free content from ITV via ITV Hub+, Ch4 via All4+
& Ch5 via My5.

the latter 2 are highly unlikely I realise but a continued service from ITV in the same manner as now would be good although I'm disappointed with the lack of content that seems to be exclusively for other versions of ITV Hub.!!!

Highly unlikely. 

The earlier press release regarding the full ITV Hub app coming to Sky Q is very much weighted towards highlighting the benefits to advertisers. I think that perhaps what may happen when the full ITV Hub and All4 apps are launched on Q, the existing download catch-up versions may disappear altogether. 

Viewers will then have to suffer the ads whilst using the streaming-only apps or pay the extra subscription cost to get the ad-free 'plus' versions. 

I suspect there may be a deal done, similar to Glass, whereby the first year of ITV Hub on Q comes ad-free, then you'll have to start paying to skip the ads. Maybe it will become an additional package on Q, like on Glass, where you pay £5pm to enable ad-skipping on all apps which feature advertising. 

There has to be some kind of money-making aspect to it all for the broadcasters, there's no way we'll get ad-free apps for no cost forever. 

This message was authored by Fishyweb This message was authored by: Fishyweb

It seems disingenuous to me for Sky to actually call their existing ITV catch up service "ITV Hub" when it actually isn't and doesn't provide the coverage of real ITV Hub apps. Very misleading and frustrating for us paying customers. 

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

We know The Bay caused some confusion on its release so I've put together an article that should help if a new series is added in the same way in the future. 

Please see here.

Thanks,

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion