Discussion topic: I've just signed up for free Discovery Plus but dont know how to access it. Can anyone advise me?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Confused1966 This message was authored by: Confused1966

Re: I've just signed up for free Discovery Plus but dont know how to access it. Can anyone advise me

I rang them up and they told me what to do 

This message was authored by Patch.1234 This message was authored by: Patch.1234

Re: I've just signed up for free Discovery Plus but dont know how to access it. Can anyone advise me

I recieved an email from discovery + Thank you for registering with discovery+

You're now ready to start streaming what you love with the email, but doesnt work on tv, states you need to upgrade, even though i have everything, also states if you go to settings and more from sky just click on discovery on this, but on this there is no discovery +, again just another way to test your temples to the max. Ive just decided I'm not wasting anymore time going over something that should be simple. All I can ay any elderly people that can have this free have virtually no chance of going through the hoops needed to get it. Just dont understand if your entitled to this free for 1 year, why cant sky just automatically add this to your package. Anyway thanks for the advice but wont be trying anymore to get this, just unnecessary pressure on the temples, and really not worth the hassle.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Patch.1234 wrote:

also states if you go to settings and more from sky just click on discovery on this, but on this there is no discovery +

That would be on a Sky Q box with the latest firmware.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Shona81 This message was authored by: Shona81

I've signed up for it after a little prompt came up at the bottom of my screen but there is no app on my sky Q box yet 🤷‍♀️ 

This message was authored by Rhonny This message was authored by: Rhonny

@Shona81

Have you updated your software? 

This message was authored by Shona81 This message was authored by: Shona81

@Rhonny no I haven't, I dont know how to do that! 

This message was authored by Rhonny This message was authored by: Rhonny

@Shona81

Go to Settings / System Info / Software Version, and you can update it to the right of that. It takes 15 mins and most of the time it won't look like it's doing anything. But wait until it has definitely done its thing. I believe the box will reboot once updated.

Then go to Home - Apps, and see if Discovery+ is there. 

This message was authored by Patch.1234 This message was authored by: Patch.1234

Hi there, I must have the latest q box and software as it was change for the other one i had because I had added ultra hd. I have all the correct things, its just not worth the effort to get the thing, if its free for one year why cant sky just add it to your package like anything else you want added. Thank you for your reply, but ive decided even though the program would be good to watch just not prepared to waste another two seconds trying to get it to work on my tv. Thanks again.

This message was authored by Hev548 This message was authored by: Hev548

Hi . You can't get it on your tv if your not a dusky customer. But if you are on sky mobile and you have signed up . You can use it only on your phone and iPad I think . If I can get it on my smart tv  will someone let me know x 

This message was authored by Grandadmac This message was authored by: Grandadmac

Linking your discovery+ and partner account has failed. Please check if your partner account has already been linked to discovery+.

Gettting this message, how do I check this ?

Hi there, Doesnt work on imac, phone or ipad either, just the same you need to upgrade to watch, even though youve been through all the hoops trying to get this. As Ive said previously not wasting any more time trying to get this working. Im away to contact discovery+ to just delete my account, really not worth the hassle for me anyway. The girl in discovery+ very helpful when I queeried months ago, even sending. me everything I needed to do, but again after going through everything months ago same thing. Thanks for all replies just away to delete my account with discovery+, as I dont want a year free and seeing nothing, then your automatically switched to another suscription bill. Good luck all 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Patch.1234 wrote:

then your automatically switched to another suscription bill.

No, not in the case of a trial enrolled via Sky Q.

What happens at the end of the 12 month offer?

At the end of your 12 month offer, you can decide if you want to continue with discovery+ on a paid subscription with Sky. If you don't want to continue your subscription, you will lose access at the end of the 12 months. Don't worry, we won't automatically enrol you onto a paid subscription

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I have successfully loged into and used Discovery + on my tv as a Sky Q customer and i have also put the Discovery+ app on my tablet. But i cant log in to the app on the tablet with my details. So i guess its only free through the Sky boxes, is that correct?

This message was authored by Jimbo1943 This message was authored by: Jimbo1943

LittleMo1943

This message was authored by Dee.cam This message was authored by: Dee.cam

Same here it lets me log in but asks me to upgrade to watch anything and I set mine up through sky Q have you managed to sort yours ???

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion