Discussion topic: I've just signed up for free Discovery Plus but dont know how to access it. Can anyone advise me?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by seandouglas2 This message was authored by: seandouglas2

Re: I've just signed up for free Discovery Plus but dont know how to access it. Can anyone advise me

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Roseyfcf  If you are seeing the upgrade then you haven't signed in the correct way. So it not a scam. You need to sky with sky via Sky app on the Sky q box. There are plenty of threads and people on here have done it the correctly. So please have another look. 

This message was authored by Outertrial This message was authored by: Outertrial

Re: I've just signed up for free Discovery Plus but dont know how to access it. Can anyone advise me

Mine just says upgrade to everything. There are no shows I can watch. I scanned the QR code, went through the web setup on my phone and input the code on my TV. 

To  anyone who successfully has this channel, is there any point my persevering? Do you actually watch it? 

This message was authored by Catherine0805 This message was authored by: Catherine0805

And did you get a notification from Sky to tell you you'd signed up?

This message was authored by Outertrial This message was authored by: Outertrial

I did yes.

This message was authored by skysteeler This message was authored by: skysteeler

As a Sky Q user it is free to me for 12 mths and I use it most days. It's good and Skys introduction to streaming as I see it.

Well I signed up for it, got the confirmation email and it does not work. 

😞

This message was authored by gooseandgizmo This message was authored by: gooseandgizmo

Hi I've sorted my problem out now thanks for the info.

This message was authored by Marco+B100 This message was authored by: Marco+B100

Looks like a con just to get people to sign up to it

This message was authored by Marco+B100 This message was authored by: Marco+B100

I wouldn't bother it wants you to upgrade to a payed subscription

This message was authored by skysteeler This message was authored by: skysteeler

It does not ask for Subscription if you are a Sky Q customer. It is free for 12 mths

This message was authored by seandouglas2 This message was authored by: seandouglas2

@Marco+B100  If you are seeing up grade then  I suggest you are doing it wrong. It is Free to Sky customers for 12 months. 

Thanks, very helpful. I followed the steps exactly and received the email from Sky confirming the free service was active. Not sure how that is "doing it wrong."

🙄

@Outertrial  So it working now or not?

The discovery plus app on my sky Q boX is asking me to upgrade when I have already linked it with the code supplied by the app and put in the discovery plus website

@Marco+B100  Clearly something is right. I will escalate this for you someone may in touch via email PM or chat. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion