Discussion topic: I've just signed up for free Discovery Plus but dont know how to access it. Can anyone advise me?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Kev230261 This message was authored by: Kev230261

Re: I've just signed up for free Discovery Plus but dont know how to access it. Can anyone advise me

I did3B020F87-48D9-4F51-AC2D-A9FFA17523E2.jpeg

it through sky q with the code 

This message was authored by crakayl This message was authored by: crakayl

Re: I've just signed up for free Discovery Plus but dont know how to access it. Can anyone advise me

for me after refreshing the apps the discovery app appeared after about 20 hours of waiting. when the app appeared there was the login/create account and below this in SMALLER writing was login using sky thats what i clicked. i think if you login any other way that's when you are asked for money.

hope this helps

This message was authored by TwoTBJunk This message was authored by: TwoTBJunk

Yeah I ran a software update, which didn't fix it..... Then it just appeared after a few hours. 

This message was authored by elainemd This message was authored by: elainemd

Re: I've just signed up for free Discovery Plus but keep being told i do not subscribe to service an

i am a sky customer so excited to see discovery + but when i try to watch most things i keep being told i need to upgrade, also i see on tv that i can subscribe for £4.99 per month or £29.99 for year but have no idea how as sky website does not have anything to let me do this, 

This message was authored by skysteeler This message was authored by: skysteeler

Having not been prompted on smart phone to add my 6 digit number (as seen on my TV) I struggled to activate my TV to Discovery plus. Talking to sky by phone I went to sky.com/discoveryplusactivate and the following the instructions I used the embedded link rather than type it myself into my browser and this them prompted me to add my 6 digit code for all 3 of my TV's OK.

As a SkyQ subscriber I have this access free for 12 mths.....

so, a little difficult in activating onto my TV's but now sorted and something I will be using.

This message was authored by mirdragon This message was authored by: mirdragon

i had already signed up for discovery+ and was getting the same issue initially but then went into the section more from sky and choose the discovery+ and went through the order process, then was able to activate on my account i already had with discovery+

if you do not do this, the 6 digit code displayed on the screen will not give you the service free for one year, you must go through the order process then the url link on your tablet, pc or phone for it to activate.

Zen Internet: G.Fast (330/50)|OpnSense + Deco X50
Mobile: Samsung S20 FE 5G 256GB|Samsung Tab S6
TV: LG OLED55C24LA|SkyQ HDR 2TB + Minis|2xHDHR Quatro
AVR: Marantz NR1711
Streaming Devices: Xbox Series X|Apple 4K TV|Fire TV Cube|Shield TV Pro|Roku 3
This message was authored by skysteeler This message was authored by: skysteeler

As a skyq subscriber I haven't had to pay anything nor will I for 12 mths.

having loaded thi D+ onto my mobile I then accessed D+ on my TV via apps and this generated a 6 digit code. Then looking back

at my phone D+ app I was prompted to add the code onto my phone and this activated the TV. I then repeated this on all 3 of my TV's which have skyq connections. Hope this helps 

Re: Discovery+ ?

Upload it to your phone first !

then access your TV app and it will give you a six digit code!

then access your phone D+ app and enter the six digit code from your TV

This message was authored by GrandadGrumps This message was authored by: GrandadGrumps

First of all,  you  need to have  a Sky Q box. 

1. Through the microphone, say 'Get Discovery Plus'. This will take you to all the available programs on Discovery plus.

2. OPEN one of them and it will say 'UPGRADE'.

3. Click 'upgrade'  and all the instructions come up. Follow them. If you don't have a Discovery plus account then choose sign up, otherwise, log in.

NOTE: Don't  initially try to connect using www.discoveryplus.co.uk/tv as you use this later once the Q Box has given you the code. 

Don't try to get the free 12 month subscription by going to the Discovery plus websites first. Make sure your first step is through the (UPGRADE) tab on a discovery plus program using your Q box. 

Once the device (TV) and your phone or tablet have been paired  via the code

You will have to activate it using the  activate website given.

This message was authored by Catherine0805 This message was authored by: Catherine0805

I signed up last night and it did it all seamlessly.  My question is, how can I watch it from my phone. You cant see the app via Sky Go. If I download the Discovery + app do I log in using my sky details?

This message was authored by Eastlands8 This message was authored by: Eastlands8

I've also signed up for the 12 months free offer but cannot access anything to watch as it's asking me to upgrade to subscribe for additional monthly payments?

This message was authored by Rhonny This message was authored by: Rhonny

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Eastlands8

Did you click on 'Sign Up With Sky' via the Discovery+ app on the Sky Q box, and follow the very clear instructions? Any other route will cause you issues.

This message was authored by Stephen This message was authored by: Stephen

I've tried to activate the app using the QR code. It took me to a page to register through discovery website. That freezes every time I try and it says "There was an issue authenticating your account. Please go to our Customer Support page. Code: 5112". 

I can access the app but when I try and watch any content all I get is the blue box telling me to upgrade. Is this really worth all this hassle?

This message was authored by seandouglas2 This message was authored by: seandouglas2

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Catherine0805  Yes just use the same log in details you used to set up discovery plus. You will be good to go!

This message was authored by Roseyfcf This message was authored by: Roseyfcf

Inst free. If you get discovery plus .ALOT of the programes you wanna wacth. is says to upgrade which costs money a month to view. TOTAL SCAM 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion