Discussion topic: Help with change of account holder name

This message was authored by Sherbrook This message was authored by: Sherbrook

Help with change of account holder name

My ex and I separated in 2012 and since then I have taken over direct debit, however I have had various issues over the years for which I cannot resolve as I am not the account holder, my ex has given me the password but they say its the wrong one, he has even called to confirm he Is no longer the account payer so could it be transferred.  Still unable to do anything. Unable to get through to sky at all now, any contact being blocked as I'm not the account holder. Can anyone suggest a way around this. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Help with change of account holder name

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

The account holders name can not be changed so if your ex is this then they will have to phone in to cancel if they are not in a contract and this will then allow you to sign up in your name as a new customer.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

The account holders name can not be changed so if your ex is this then they will have to phone in to cancel if they are not in a contract and this will then allow you to sign up in your name as a new customer.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Sherbrook I'm afraid the account cannot change in this way. The account holder would have to cancel the account and any loaned equipment returned . This would then free you to open an account in your own name.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Sherbrook
Topic Author
This message was authored by Sherbrook This message was authored by: Sherbrook

Thankyou Daniel, would it be possible to just cancel my direct debit? 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Sherbrook don't do that!! This would prevent either of you being able to speak to Sky and would put the account holder in breach of contract.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@Sherbrook  You can cancel direct debit as you are not the account holder and not liable  and Sky will chase your ex for payment but you won't be able to setup a new account at the same address unless your ex cancels there account 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

You can cancel the direct debit but if money is still owed on the account when this is done then your ex will be unable to talk to Sky as an attempts to will see them redirected to reinstate the direct debit.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion