Discussion topic: Harry Potter movies leaving Sky movies today will they return?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Harry Potter movies leaving Sky movies today will they return?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DavRox7 wrote:

It's the fact the movies are still there, but only if you pay for them. If you think Sky don't make money off of that, you're kidding yourself. 

Of course they make money off them, I never said or implied they did not!

The movies have not just magically appeared on the store because they left the movies channels, take a look at the store and you'll find many movies that are available to subscribers at no extra cost but as I said above, the store is cattering to other customers that don;t have access to the movies channels or like to expand their movie collection that the own

@PATV+Scunthorpe wrote:

If you recorded them off a Sky Cinema channel then they will remain as Sky cannot remove those recordings, but if you downloaded them from On Demand then they must leave.

Not true, programmes can have two dates associated with expiry, one where it is removed from the TV Guide and one where it is removed from your planner, there can be any combination of these dates, some programmes have no expiry dates thus will not be deleted from your planner

This message was authored by DavRox7 This message was authored by: DavRox7

Because I DO have Sky Movies. So I pay to have access to these movies. Removing them and making them payable defeats the purpose of paying monthly for the movies package. You're going to defend Sky so there's no point going on, but its poor customer service, irrespective of your views. That's why Netflix and Amazon continue to eat into their customer base. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@DavRox7 wrote:

Because I DO have Sky Movies. So I pay to have access to these movies. 

Unfortunately it makes no difference. If you downloaded them via On Demand, they have to be removed in accordance with the licence given to Sky by the rights owner. Nothing to do with customer service.

This message was authored by DavRox7 This message was authored by: DavRox7

Sorry, but it is. Its poor treatment of customer who pay for the movies service. You can't have that movie anymore, unless you pay for it, even though you already pay for the movies. Its a nonsense. My opinion. But guarantee its shared by many others. Not that it matters to a big money making machine like Sky. 

@DavRox7 wrote:

Sorry, but it is. Its poor treatment of customer who pay for the movies service. You can't have that movie anymore, unless you pay for it, even though you already pay for the movies. Its a nonsense. My opinion. But guarantee its shared by many others. Not that it matters to a big money making machine like Sky. 

Not sky's fault you don't understand the how service you're paying for works

No one is forcing anyone to use the Sky Store! You're obviously not one of the customers the store is targeted at!

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@DavRox7 I think you will find that all TV subscription services operate in a similar fashion. 

You susbcribe for a period of time and during that time content available as part of that subscription will come & go - no specific content is guaranteed. This of course is annoying when making a way through a series & the content becomes unavailable

Only if you purchase a specific film/programme should it be available (& even then in the T&Cs' there may be circumstances that the original provider (i.e. rights owner) removes the rights ) 

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

It's amazing how many customers don't understand the difference between Sky Cinema and Sky Store. 

The Harry Potter films haven't moved from Sky Cinema to Sky Store, they've always been there (ok, technically not always). The two things are completely different and separate from each other. 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@DavRox7 

You pay to subscribe to a service which may or may not offer access to any particular movie, and which may have to withdraw such access at any time according to the wishes of the owners of that movie, which is usually the studio that made it.  And yes, the aim of everyone involved is, in fact 'money making', otherwise the movies wouldn't exist in the first place.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Cardiss This message was authored by: Cardiss

Exactly we pay for the movies and older movies like HP should be avalible all the time. I pay for movies and HD but have to pay for HP at 7.99 per movie. It's a disgrace, makes me want to cancel sky when they take off sets like these !! 

@Cardiss wrote:

Exactly we pay for the movies and older movies like HP should be avalible all the time. I pay for movies and HD but have to pay for HP at 7.99 per movie. It's a disgrace, makes me want to cancel sky when they take off sets like these !! 

Sky don't own the movies and the owners (Warner Brothers) would want vast amounts of money for what you request

The Harry Potter movies come and go all the time on sky movies, you either wait for them or purchase the DVDs/Blu rays to have permanent access to them

No movie service has access all the time they cycle content in and out just like sky

This message was authored by LGUser This message was authored by: LGUser

Have at the following thread about the Harry Potter movies.

This message was authored by Ian+111 This message was authored by: Ian+111

I recorded all the harry potters on my sky a box which has plenty of spare storage and they have all vanished 

This message was authored by oj01 This message was authored by: oj01

@Ian+111 wrote:

I recorded all the harry potters on my sky a box which has plenty of spare storage and they have all vanished 

@Ian+111 Did you record them from live TV broadcast or did you Download them from Sky Cinema On Demand? 

Sky Community Forum SuperUser
Former Sky+HD Beta Tester
Sky Signature, Sky Sports, Sky HD, Sky Mobile
Member Of The Community Since 2011
Staying on Sky+HD
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Recorded or downloaded as some people use the phrase record when they mean they actually download something.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion