Discussion topic: Glass FAQ

This message was authored by S44TUH This message was authored by: S44TUH

Glass FAQ

Just wondering if someone could produce an FAQ.  I found the media guide that was posted a very useful source of info and there's been many other useful bits of info. Posted in the numerous topics. 

Appreciate the product has not launched yet - but a basic FAQ may help those people who initially land on this community for basic information to inform a potential purchase/commitment. 

Love tech - connected home, Sky, interactive hot-tub...

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Glass FAQ

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@S44TUH   There is here https://annieuk.ddns.net/sky-glass-faq.php?t=2&dark=1 done by @Annie+UK 

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

S44TUH
Topic Author
This message was authored by S44TUH This message was authored by: S44TUH

I've seen that and it is interesting and helpful (thanks Annie)...but it's not an FAQ pinned to this board (as there is on the Q board).  There has been so much traffic and posting to this Glass board already - that I think it warrants it and would be useful.  Maybe after Glass is released, tried and tested it's something that will happen (at the moment a lot of the discussion is conjecture).

Love tech - connected home, Sky, interactive hot-tub...
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

@S44TUH it was requested but the Community Manager pointed out that, just like manuals, FAQs are rarely actually read and just used by people like me to point to when answering points to make people feel small (I try not to do that but sometimes it slips out after answering the same point multiple times). 😀

The issue is most people come to the forum by searching online and never notice the FAQ. Doesnt help those of us who actually read the things of course.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by sceptic101 This message was authored by: sceptic101

I came across THIS FAQ video today, that has apparently been fact checked by Sky, and thought it did a decent job of covering questions that new/potential Glass users might have.

Drx-890W (4f31b7, Main, 2TB, Active Mode, Powerline 1200 av2)
Drx-890W (4f3127, Secondary, 2TB, Active Mode, Hardwired, S.F. Mode)
Zen Unlimited Fibre 2 + Sky Fibre Unlimited (STB's only)
This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Good find @sceptic101 agree it is pretty fair and pretty accurate he skips over the £8 per month to get Netfix in UHD and a couple of other points were a tad debatable but overall a pretty good effort

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion