Discussion topic: black screen / freezing picture pucks upstairs black screen/ blue screen

This message was authored by Janjon42 This message was authored by: Janjon42

black screen / freezing picture pucks upstairs black screen/ blue screen

receive my 43" Sky Glass,tuesday 26th October

Delivery guys very good, after that one problem after another.

we are a couple in our 70's so not that up on Technology, but it did load up ok to start with, Then screen froze with in a few seconds, restarted my router, turned power off for 15 seconds started up again and it did help. but still getting the intermittent black screen and freezing frames and voices out of sync.

set up the pucks upstairs bedrooms ( where my router is situated). blue screen with message to check router connection, then another blue screen saying no internet connection.

Tried Sky help but they tell me it is all new to them, I spent around 3 hours on the phone. was left to wait

3 or 4 days to see if it improves ( how)?

Think I will be sending it back and revert back to Sky Q + 2 mini boxes.

Very disappointed with the TV and especially the pucks 

Checked my mbps at 42, Sky rep and sales blurb states you need a minimum of 10mbps

I think its wi-fi problem and have asked them to send a technician to check ??

I really wanted this to work but not sure Sky done all their homework before putting to the market

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: black screen / freezing picture pucks upstairs black screen/ blue screen

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I will escalate this to our community chat for you. Please look out for an email or blue chat bubble. We look forward to speaking to you.

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Janjon42 wrote:

I think its wi-fi problem and have asked them to send a technician to check ??

Unfortunately, unlike with Q which is an integrated mesh system with optional dedicated booster hardware, Glass relies on the subscribers own WiFi provision and there's no automatic support for that from Sky.

Even using Sky Broadband with Broadband Boost, the 'WiFi Guarantee' is for a much lower speed than Glass requires.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Janjon42
Topic Author

thank you for your reply, I was told by Sky so long as you have a minimum of 10mbps it will be ok,

I have checked my incoming speed between 36 -45 mbps checking in all the rooms. on 4  devices. 

It's really disappointing -  the lack of answers.from Sky.

This message was authored by DarrenRaynor This message was authored by: DarrenRaynor

Having EXACTLY the same problem, latest black outs on the Sky Puck are very irritating, a few more days and it's a call to Sky and it's  going back along with the TV, which I am really disappointed with!! The picture is milky and mostly sepia like, hate it, they have really cheaped out on the s teen technology. 

Janjon42
Topic Author

My Sky glass has now gone back and finally been refunded. Sky sent me a complaints form - which surprise surprise they have not even bothered to respond to after 6 weeks. I have gone back to Sky Q.

This message was authored by DarrenRaynor This message was authored by: DarrenRaynor

Done a reset using power button on bottom of puck and now it thinks it is a Sky Q box and is completely inaccessible 4 &6 on the remote not working!! Unbelievable!! 

AB7694C6-D8DC-4441-8483-66411A8BA9AC.jpeg

Janjon42
Topic Author

The Sky Glass salesman told me I only need  10mbs for everything to work, When I first reported my problem I was told by the Sky Glass team that I could need 80 - 150mbps depending on how many devices I was using.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion