Discussion topic: Fox HD Intermittent Pixelation

This message was authored by JitteryPinger This message was authored by: JitteryPinger

Fox HD Intermittent Pixelation

Hi everyone, just sharing this to see if anyone else is having a similar issue.

When watching Fox HD in the evenings I've been noticing intermittent pixelation, it don't seem to affect other channels such as ITV2 HD or Comedy Central HD, has anybody else noticed this issue.

I'm going to look for frequncy the channel is on and see what other channels may share that frequency to see if it affects them also.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by ftballman This message was authored by: ftballman

Re: Fox HD Intermittent Pixelation

I've been seeing this too. Have seen mention of it on other boards too.

This message was authored by Happymonkey This message was authored by: Happymonkey

Yep me too! 

Few weeks now if I'm honest! 

JitteryPinger
Topic Author
This message was authored by JitteryPinger This message was authored by: JitteryPinger

OK thanks guys, I thought I was losing my touch, been trying to diagnose a signal issue with a meter for passed couple of weeks without any look.

This message was authored by MatthewF40 This message was authored by: MatthewF40

Yes, get this too for weeks.

This message was authored by will28 This message was authored by: will28

I noticed this too on Sky one every recording of the new episode of the Simpson's (if not other tv shows) for weeks I can't watch an episode without it breaking up at least twice

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

The pixelation on FOX HD is also present on Virgin Media. 

JitteryPinger
Topic Author

Me too, but as they seem to share the same frequency on satellite that don't suprise me, I guess we will need to phone this issue into sky.

JitteryPinger
Topic Author

I've sent them a tweet, join the conversation https://twitter.com/JitteryPinger/status/1373571581113421825

JitteryPinger
Topic Author

Update on this issue, had an engineer out the other day who checked signals which where fine and also changed LNB and connectors at dish but issue still on-going, just tweeted Sky Help again to see what they come back with.

JitteryPinger
Topic Author

Has anybody bothered to report this issue to Sky as they called today to ask if all is sorted, I told them no and explained others are seeing the issue with Fox to and they went away to check this out and then came back and said they've had no other reports of issues with Fox HD so before going any fruther they want to come and rip out my dish, all my cabling and change my Q box which I'm not exactly willing to do over one channel.

So if anybody wants to see this fixed then maybe start reporting the issue 🙂

This message was authored by Kei+M This message was authored by: Kei+M

Are you able to provide a time, date, and the name of the show when it happens next? We can get someone to check the broadcast.

Thanks,

Kei
Community Manager

This message was authored by Happymonkey This message was authored by: Happymonkey

@Kei+M

As mentioned previously this has been going on for weeks if not months! It happened on every episode of Family Guy I recorded on Tuesday nights recently! Also happened at other times! 

This message was authored by Marybnix This message was authored by: Marybnix

This is happening to us on all sorts of channels.  Pixelation and screen also goes blank for a second then restarts.  Very annoying.

JitteryPinger
Topic Author

Good afternoon @Kei+M as has been said this is happening pretty much everytime I'm watching Fox in the evenings and as mentioned affects Family Guy recordings I have set too.

As I watch Fox in the evenings I couldn't comment if the issue persists during the day but some channels I have watched during the days such as ComedyCentral Extra and Nat Geo are unaffected.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion