Discussion topic: Fox HD Intermittent Pixelation

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Kei+M This message was authored by: Kei+M

Re: Fox HD Intermittent Pixelation

I don't dispute that it is happening but without the specific details, it's the proverbial needle in a haystack. At the moment it's a case of switching on Fox HD and hoping we see something. 

In addition, if you're seeing issues outside of Fox HD then as the first step I'd suggest you rule out any of the similar sounding issues such as pixelation when watching live TV and pixelation when watching recordings. We're also investigating an issue with pixelation on recordings on the mini only.

Thanks,

Kei
Community Manager

This message was authored by pjhaahl This message was authored by: pjhaahl

@JitteryPinger 

I've experienced pixellation on Family Guy recordings from Fox too. 

I haven't noticed it on anything else but then I heavily limit my use of Fox due to the permanent on screen channel logo.

This message was authored by Marybnix This message was authored by: Marybnix

Re: Intermittent Pixelation

Hi

we get this on both our boxes - SKY Q box and the mini.  We get pixelation sometimes followed with a brief black screen and then it is OK.  this happens on various channels and more than once in an evevning.   Last night it happened on the BBC but it dies the seem to be channel specific.  At least not in our case.

It is almost like the signal is getting cut off then instantly reboots.

JitteryPinger
Topic Author
This message was authored by JitteryPinger This message was authored by: JitteryPinger

@Kei+Mas has been affecting both live and recorded broadcasts that happen in the evenings  between 9pm and into the night.

Most notably is New: Family Guy but also affects the shows following such as American Dad, I've even noticed this pre 9pm on shows like NCIS.

I can't say I've noticed it on other channels apart from Sky One HD but this was an isolated incident.

Thanks, can you go into your last recording and tell me the season, episode, the date and time of the recording, and a timestamp of when you first see pixelation?

Thanks,

Kei
Community Manager

@Kei+M 

New:Family Guy. Series 18 Episode 18 Recorded 9th March 9.00pm - 25mins in

When two guys wearing black shirts stand up in the audience, and then again just after Meg screams 'I'm alive'

This message was authored by Happymonkey This message was authored by: Happymonkey

@pjhaahl @Kei+M

Yep had the same issue at the same time for that Family Guy episode! 

@Kei+M @Happymonkey 

New: Family Guy S18 E19 - Recorded 16th March 9:00 - 26 Minutes in

When Jesus Peter is talking to Roman Chicken, the picture glitches then pixellates a few seconds later as the view cuts from Peter holding the book he is reading to the Griffin family

@Kei+M @Happymonkey 

New: Family Guy  S18 E20  Recorded 23rd March 9:00 PM

10 mins in

Audio and Picture freezes as Peter throws his hands into the air and  screams "yaaay" while talking to Lois after speaking to Principal Shephard. 

22 mins in.

Pixellation and stuttering when Judge bangs his gavel just as the scene cuts from Griffin family in basement to courtroom scene.

JitteryPinger
Topic Author
This message was authored by JitteryPinger This message was authored by: JitteryPinger

@Kei+Mso I sat and kept an eye on TV last night whilst working a bike and these are the exact times I noticed breakups

Date: March 30, 2021

Channel No.: 124

Channel Name: Fox HD

Time/s: 22:39, 22:44, 23:24, 23:41, 23:43

This message was authored by Happymonkey This message was authored by: Happymonkey

@Kei+M

So I have the new series of The Simpsons on series link & every episode from the 5th March has break up in it!

Lot's more than Family Guy on Fox!

The episode with Comic Book Guys origin story has multiple incidents! 

Thanks, I've passed the examples on to see if we can replicate them from any of our archives.

Kei
Community Manager

This message was authored by thfcspurs28 This message was authored by: thfcspurs28

This also happens for me during each Simpsons episode on Friday nights at 8.30pm. Glad it's not just me 

@Kei+M

BTW I'm on Sky+ HD & not Sky Q until next week so it's almost definitely a broadcast issue?

I'm due for Sky Q next week if the engineer decides they are comfortable walking through my house to the garden!

I'd love to know what caused this issue once it's identified! 

JitteryPinger
Topic Author

Hi @Kei+M , is there any updates on these issues, they have not been resolved or got any better yet, in fact I was watching Sky One HD (New: Simpsons) and break up was terrible.

I've actually been growing a bit frustrated with the service from Sky recently, but the back breaker is when your watching a program and the intermittent fault takes away a key second that makes the story of a program,

I'm also getting pretty sick of having political/news topics pushed in my face and really think its time for the platform to return to its entertainment purpose rather than pushing a narrative, I'm also sad to see the increase in advertsing in Sky's On Demand content and now wondering why I'm paying extra for add on's when I can't relax and enjoy programming without louder and atmosphere killings advertsing killing an epsiode 3 times throughout.

I think we would all like an update on this ASAP as this month, I think I'll be asking for some money off and potnetially now reviewing my options with regards to the services held.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion